• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How long was it before you really started seeing results in your progress?

Maybe after a year or so i started realising changes had taken place, looking at an old pic really hits reality

I sort of started to play around with some weights I had at home, acouple db's and EZ bar with some weights - plus I did 100 tricep bench dips every night - even doing this I saw a change - when I started to go to the gym I also started to increase protein intake a lot - honestly prob 10x what I was eating - I got fairly serious, fairly fast - so really from when I 1st stepped into the gym - I was getting comments and noticed myself changing within 10-12 weeks....

I underestimated bulking on a above maintenance calorie diet. When I first started out, gains were slow. I finally started eating a lot more, and did my first bulk and went from 66kg to 80kg. 4 years later, and I thought I plateaued. I haven't beaten any PRs for 6 months and visually I'm not getting many results. I decided to try another committed bulk. I went from 85 to 95kg and once again it feels like I'm making beginner gains all over again. I've beaten records, smashed my bench press from 135kg to 150kg, and I don't even feel like my bodyfat percentage has went up. My guts slightly bigger but I don't feel really fatter at all considering I gained 10kg in 4 months.

I underestimated bulking on a above maintenance calorie diet. When I first started out, gains were slow. I finally started eating a lot more, and did my first bulk and went from 66kg to 80kg. 4 years later, and I thought I plateaued. I haven't beaten any PRs for 6 months and visually I'm not getting many results. I decided to try another committed bulk. I went from 85 to 95kg and once again it feels like I'm making beginner gains all over again. I've beaten records, smashed my bench press from 135kg to 150kg, and I don't even feel like my bodyfat percentage has went up. My guts slightly bigger but I don't feel really fatter at all considering I gained 10kg in 4 months.

I think alot of people fall into this trap of not allowing themselves to eat enough - even myself over the past couple of years have really not eaten enough - I have not been eating badly but really I need/ed to be eating more to get the results, gain the size I wanted.

Sometimes you need to let go and let the bulk take you haha

Really though if your a newbie and not seeing results within 2-3 months - your doing it wrong.

I added 8kgs in the first year with minimal increase in bodyfat. That was without having a clue what I was doing. I just asked questions and copied people who were bigger than me.

i didn't realize as much until people started asking me if i train and then i kind of realized that the scale was reading like 10kg heavier than before, this was like from 0-6 months of training from never touching a barbell

I was like am I growing, am I growing every 5 minutes, my mate was like, shut the fuck up and train fuken.
About a year later I answered my own question when everyone started commenting and asking questions, loved it, was happy as Larry.

It took me a while to figure out what you were trying to say.

All though newbie feel?
Of though newbie feel?
Of thoughts newbie feel?
Thoughts of newbie feel?

Oh THOSE newbie feels.

Got it eventually lol.

Still waiting to see results...

Probably first noticed when I found my quads though I have since become disappointed with them. Now I just use the log book to see. Like when I look back and see my oly bar weighs more than the weight I started with.