• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What change in your training, diet, or lifestyle had a big impact on your gains?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Could be starting something new, stopping something, changing macros, trying a new split, etc.

Without a doubt correct nutrition made the biggest difference. I had been training for years, and even though I was pretty fit, I didn't really look like someone who went to the gym 4-5 times a week. Being super strict with my diet and making sure I was getting enough protein, I got into the best shape of my life in about 3 months.

Lowering my protein intake and upping the carbs. For years I skimped on carbs to eat more protein and wondered why I didn't progress. Eating more carbs helped big time.

Lowering my protein intake and upping the carbs. For years I skimped on carbs to eat more protein and wondered why I didn't progress. Eating more carbs helped big time.

yep, but as you got older (and into your twilight years lol) did you find that they (carbs) were/are a cause of putting on easy blubber?

putting more intensity into my workouts, but at the same time, deloading instead of just continuing a sticking point.

Going to the gym with some knowledge.

Ive let myself go a tad, 12-14 hrs each day and weekend work has taken its toll that and wild turkeys 5 nights a week. I plan to be back at some stage with proper diet and training, when that is im not sure, im sure ill achieve my goals once i take the required steps.

Personally i think unless you at high level or really into research, eating well during the week, and stuffing your face with anything that has protein on the weekend and also if you stuck change it up, increase weights, the basics have worked well. Just lift and next week make it heavier

If you"re feeling an act of god cannot save you and experiencing the correct type of discomfort id say your doing it right

And you better train legs. Nothing says boss like massive legs!! Even on a chick

Last edited:
My best results came from -

- Eating "clean" as possible i.e only 1-2 small cheat meals a week
- An increase in training intensity
- Increasing training volume - training bodyparts anywhere from 2-3 times a week

The old cliche of putting ur mind in the muscle. When I do it, I can really feel it but the challenge is doing it for the entire session rather than just try to haul big weights.

Changing my diet was the best thing for me. Training had been consistent but diet wasn't. To many carbs, wrong types of food and didn't really have an idea of how many calories I was eating or required.
I changed that the start of this year and got to my lowest body fat ever and felt awesome!