• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Natural tanning

hugoti

Newbie body builder here. With the approach of summer I would like to start getting some natural tan on my body. I'm wary of tanning lotions and sunbeds and would prefer not to use them. Also being an office worker I don't get much exposure outside (so I'm very white!)

Anyone got any suggestions or tips on how I best approach this? Thinking perhaps start with 20 mins on the weekend (while washing car) and progressively increase it over time every weekend?

original_CW.jpg

Thats the one I use. After a few coats you'll start to see a difference. Particularly in between the legs unless you like sunbathing naked.

Other than that look out for discount spray tan services in your area from CatchoftheDay, Scoopon etc as they do pop up from time to time.

I've read you can start to build up a natural tolerance to the sun, some exposure is good. I'm certainly going to be trying 10 mins each side over summer trying to not get burnt and building that up.

Doubt you can build up a tolerance, i spend all day outside (apprentice carpenter) and rock a tan year round, but summer comes by and i still burn (obviously get darker), the second that sun comes out and has some bite, we bang on the sunscreen

Just be careful, we need exposure for the vitamin D, so if you work an office job dedicated time outside will benefit you, just remember, dont go nuts and spend hours in the sun without sunscreen etc

Just get a spray tan every fortnight or Dove tan lotion the parts people regularly see. ie arms and face.

Fuck fake tan, I take full advantage of QLD weather, fucking moment there is a hint of sun I peel my shirt off and absorb that goodness.

Working outside my neck and face get cooked anyway so I figure I'm just playing catchup with the rest.

i get skin check twice a yer though and get heaps of spots zapped every year, so does everne I know who works in the sun though.

Fuck fake tan, I take full advantage of QLD weather, fucking moment there is a hint of sun I peel my shirt off and absorb that goodness.

Working outside my neck and face get cooked anyway so I figure I'm just playing catchup with the rest.

i get skin check twice a yer though and get heaps of spots zapped every year, so does everne I know who works in the sun though.

Yeah i should probably get a check done, few spots that i dont like, their not changing or anything but id rather get checked knowing the family history...

I like to curl up and stuff myself into the oven at about 120 for 30-35 mins....if you've got someone to baste you all the better....