• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Your most surprising find when you started tracking calories

I'm the opposite, I find it easy to smash 2000-3000 in a meal. If I track cals to cut a bit, I'm always hungry :;

Big 400g rump and half a big sweet potato... Only 750-900 cals (saturated that bitch in oil).
Feels. when will the cals be mine?

finding out that 2 packets of 2 minute noodles was 700cal

or how calorie dense fast food hamburgers are vs the chicken options

the fact that most low fat flavoured milk is similar calories to full fat

the lack of protein content in most yogurts compared to Chobani

How difficult it actually is to consume 1g/lb bw of protein per day without going >3000calories

finding out that 2 packets of 2 minute noodles was 700cal

or how calorie dense fast food hamburgers are vs the chicken options

this. the calorie density of some foods was a surprise. i found a lot of takeaway i was eating was at least 1000 cals more likely up around 1500 per meal

Big 400g rump and half a big sweet potato... Only 750-900 cals (saturated that bitch in oil).
Feels. when will the cals be mine?

Turn that into a 600 grammer, add eggs and mushroom sauce. Wash it down with a pint of milk... 1000+ :)

this. the calorie density of some foods was a surprise. i found a lot of takeaway i was eating was at least 1000 cals more likely up around 1500 per meal

Yeah the Ultimate Double Whopper from HJ springs to mind - 65g protein, but 1100 calories or so.... just in the burger.

@semillion yeah that's part of the reaason I have 4 protein shakes a day.

I dont track my calories now really - I just have a rough idea of what I am eating - when I was a really into bbing as a teen/wanted to compete I was weighing all my food - I guess like some of the other guys said - simply surprised how much or how little calories some foods contain for what was there.