• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Monster G6 by Force USA

J

jwhat

Apologies if this has been asked before, I can't find anything however.

Making the move from commercial gym to home setup.

Looking at buying a Monster G6 as it looks pretty versatile and makes the most of the limited space I have.

Just wondering your opionions of the Force USA brand, actually commercial quality, good equipment?
Who has one and are they as good as they sound? Worth the coin?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers John

I have the G3, quality is pretty good id assume quality is the same for g6.

only issue i had was for the price for the g3 and g6 you'd expect there to be some more cable attachments.

check out the PT180 and the PT360, similar concept but different brand.

i'd probably recommend the g6 over the g3 due to weight stack vs weight loading - Reason for that is when you are using the smith machine part of it with large weight plates 15 & 20kg plates, they knock on the weights loaded on the cables due to not having enough clearance so your unable to superset certain excersises that required large weight plates.

for eg: Bench press on the smith and cable tricep extensions superset.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for your input Scotty. I've heard ppl say it's cheap Chinese shit, is it pretty smooth, commercial equipment feel? Worth the coin ? Cheers john

Thanks for your input Scotty. I've heard ppl say it's cheap Chinese shit, is it pretty smooth, commercial equipment feel? Worth the coin ? Cheers john
Probably best go into a store and check out the quality. Certainly there is some Cheap Chinese equipment. There is also some good quality stuff as well.
By having a look at a few racks up close you can soon see the quality compared to the cheaper flimsy made stuff.
Cheers

For home i think the quality is fine but for a professional gym or PT studio....probably wouldnt last the torture.

i havent had it break or bend or hear any snaps at all so its going ok so far..... no complaints other than the plates knocking each other.

the only real issue i have with it is that they seem to have made the product too small, i completely understand that they would develop this product and target the garage gym type setup and at home users....but the weight plates knocking could have been avoided by making the product 5-10cm deeper.

It could also do with 10cm wider too to get more benefit from the cables, they feel like they are to close to each other but this could just be me and my longish arms......but if they made it 10cm wider, barbells wouldnt fit on the hooks.