• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anything I can take to reduce Cortisol?

I love me extra virgin. But I don't understand how one can be 'extra' virgin if they are virgin already. Are there bonus points for never knuckle partying or figure eighting?

^Lol

Pin Insulin. Insulin reduces the Cortisol response apparently.

This - so probably one of the best natural things you can do (or continue to do) is ingest relatively simple carbs post-work out to get that insulin up. 1-2g of vitamin C and some vitamin E are supposedly beneficial also.

I love me extra virgin. But I don't understand how one can be 'extra' virgin if they are virgin already. Are there bonus points for never knuckle partying or figure eighting?
its one that hasn't even had her titties felt

This - so probably one of the best natural things you can do (or continue to do) is ingest relatively simple carbs post-work out to get that insulin up. 1-2g of vitamin C and some vitamin E are supposedly beneficial also.

Layne Norton recommends you drink Whey and Dextrose during your workout to "dull" the Cortisol response as Whey and Dextrose spike insulin which suppresses Cortisol. I have started drinking Whey and ground Oats before and during my morning workout to hopefully suppress it a bit.

Not sure how you'd suppress Cortisol throughout the day without drugs though.

Does the Endocrine Amplifier also blunt cortisol respomse from non-exercise? eg stress, stims..?

Crikey, if I took 2-3 minutes to respond to a question I would be admitting myself to emergency ward immediately!

Yes it also reduces the cortisol level when not exercising, i've actually had 2 people use it who do not train and over a couple of weeks use once the cortisol level became too low, when cortisol becomes very low inflammation rises and you can get carpel tunnel syndrome in the hands, both people got it. I tried it out at double dose whilst training to see if it would happen and it happened to me too after about a week or so. So the it is highly effective at reducing cortisol.

Here is one of the studies which shows cortisol lowered by 39% + or minus 1% and the area under the curve to be lowered 35% compared to a placebo control

JISSN | Full text | The effects of phosphatidylserine on endocrine response to moderate intensity exercise
Mean peak cortisol concentrations and area under the curve (AUC) were lower following PS (39 ± 1% and 35 ± 0%, respectively) when compared to placebo (p < 0.05). PS increased AUC for testosterone to cortisol ratio (184 ± 5%) when compared to placebo (p < 0.05). PS and placebo supplementation had no effect on lactate or growth hormone levels.

So as you can see Endocrine Amplifier is highly effective at reducing cortisol.

Last edited:
Sounds criminal.....
Yeah, one would have to approach jailbait primary school territory going by [MENTION=12395]Grunta[/MENTION];'s helpful definition lmao.

WTF is figure eighting? I can find lots of definitions but none in a virginal context....maybe I'm gettin' old...not down with the lingo...
It's just the first term I could think of for flicking the bean, strumming the banjo, rubbin' the nubbin, flickin' the bean, clam bake for one.. you get the idea

Yes it also reduces the cortisol level when not exercising, i've actually had 2 people use it who do not train and over a couple of weeks use once the cortisol level became too low, when cortisol becomes very low inflammation rises and you can get carpel tunnel syndrome in the hands, both people got it. I tried it out at double dose whilst training to see if it would happen and it happened to me too after about a week or so. So the it is highly effective at reducing cortisol.

I love how you come up with all the right studies [MENTION=10445]O.N.[/MENTION];!
Anything to reduce cortisol will be heavensent thats for sure. I am a natural anxious neurotic, so I find it hard to chill, always moving about like a shark eyes darting everywhere and wanting to pick things up and put them down.