• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anything I can take to reduce Cortisol?

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
As the title suggests, have you found anything that helps? I like to be more chilled and less stressed/anxious. This is especially true when I use pre-workouts and and my training session is over but that fight or flight feelign stays with me for the rest of the day.
I have read high dose Vit C helps, like 2-4g a day. Anything natural is preferable obviously, I don't want to hit heavier stuff like benzos or that sort of shit.

I would like to have my PWO without cortisol. Dialled in for my training but not antsy, feeling a bit nervous/anxious etc. It has no beneficial use whatsoever.
I'm training weights, not hunting a grizzly bear lol.

So Vitamin C, train for < 1hr, Phosphatidylserine, anything else?

Valium gets the chop, no need for the nodding off and foggy head thats for sure!

What about a PWO without the stims?
Or start making your own witch's brew so you can work out what ingredients work for you and which ones you'd like to leave out so you don't get these effects?

Can I ask what makes you think its cortisol that's the issue? I'm not aware of too many PWOs that have a cortisol inducing effect...

As the title suggests, have you found anything that helps? I like to be more chilled and less stressed/anxious. This is especially true when I use pre-workouts and and my training session is over but that fight or flight feelign stays with me for the rest of the day.
I have read high dose Vit C helps, like 2-4g a day. Anything natural is preferable obviously, I don't want to hit heavier stuff like benzos or that sort of shit.

Proven in 3 human clinical trials to blunt the cortisol response to exercise by 30% Endocrine Amplifier Wicked Supplements Has also shown to have many other health benefits for things like focus, memory even increasing brain glucose metabolism shown in a brain scan...all this info on the website, take a look.

In addition to this due to the brain glucose metabolism part we have had many guys who compete find that instead of getting the normal brain fog 3-4 weeks out from comp and taking 2-3 minutes to respond to peoples questions they are much more alert and able to think straight.

Proven in 3 human clinical trials to blunt the cortisol response to exercise by 30% Endocrine Amplifier Wicked Supplements Has also shown to have many other health benefits for things like focus, memory even increasing brain glucose metabolism shown in a brain scan...all this info on the website, take a look.

In addition to this due to the brain glucose metabolism part we have had many guys who compete find that instead of getting the normal brain fog 3-4 weeks out from comp and taking 2-3 minutes to respond to peoples questions they are much more alert and able to think straight.

Does the Endocrine Amplifier also blunt cortisol respomse from non-exercise? eg stress, stims..?

Crikey, if I took 2-3 minutes to respond to a question I would be admitting myself to emergency ward immediately!

Olive oil dude.

But best if it's like how [MENTION=12409]El Stiffy[/MENTION]; and [MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION]; like their girls - Extra Virgin :cool:

Vitamin C def. does help.

I always chew on a tab after my workout with a tbsp. of olive oil.

The cns def. needs to recover after a brutal workout. Just as much as the muscles themselves.

I only have coffee generally b4 a workout as pwo's I try just don't cut it. I train mornings, so try and wait a good while after my workout and when i'm in to work before hitting the next coffee. Say mid-morning after a feed.

Trying to remain calm and chilled for the hours immediately after the workout also helps.

^Lol

Pin Insulin. Insulin reduces the Cortisol response apparently.