• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Thats right folks, you read the title right! “No woman should lift more than 3 pounds.” This pearl of wisdom came out of the mouth of Gwyneth Paltrow’s trainer Tracey Anderson during an appearance on Oprah. (Ok before I get bombarded with questions about why I was watching Oprah I will include the usual excuses 1) I was flipping channels 2) someone else was watching it and I walked by)
The idea that women should stick to light weights and high reps isn’t a new one. Although there has been a recent radical shift in how women approach weight training many of the old ideas are still around. Every month I meet new trainers at my seminars and many of the women still think they should be lifting pink 2lbs dumbbells. I used to be shocked by how seemingly otherwise intelligent trainers could have this backward idea. How could these trainers be so rational in other areas and so off base on this. After I really thought about it I realized that this idea is not based in logic but rather in fear. What is the number one fear of women who pick up a weight?

Gwyneth Paltrow's Workout Routine

This is so stupid I don't know what to say. ALL women should be lifting more than 3LBS, unless she is a chemotherapy patient, is severely mentally retarded, or a Gwyneth Paltrow.

The number one fear of most (ill educated) women training with weights is "getting too big"

Which makes me laugh many men train to try and get as big as possible and it happens very slowly, yet many women have this irrational fear that if they picked up a weight they will all of a sudden look like a roided up female body builder with a clit bigger than my cock.

Who gives a fark what Gwyn's trainer says, let me know what Elle's or Jennifer Aniston's trainers say

I must be doing something wrong...I train my arse off to get big but apparently there's all these women around who get TOO big the moment they pick up a weight....
My missus is sick of telling her friends/workmates how difficult it would be for her to get too big...

Women will lift 20kg of shit in their handbags all day then go to a gym and lift 1kg dumbells.

Doesn't make much sense.

Have you guys watched the video in the link? They look like prisoners of war trying to train without snapping their frail persecuted skeletal bodies in half. That stick called tracy looks and talks amazingly cuckoo.

Lol I wish it was as easy as lifting plastic pink weights to gain size :p Lifting heavy gets the results!!