• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's the most intense/challenging workout you've ever done?

When I was in my first year of training I was convinced for a little while that you had to push everything until failure. Worked well but ended up being completely exhausted throughout the week

Some of the pre-season running we did was terrible.
The Coogee stairs in 42 degree heat, theres I think about 300 steps. We did them every saturday, going from 3-8 laps of it. Legs were falling off. Got this pic off the net, but it doesnt show all the steps. Great location, but thats it lol
wadimage83613_sq1.jpg

PLus one of the sprinting drills we did, working on work to rest 1:1 was a killer. We would do FOUR SETS of this every tuesday, definitely got us fit
400m
100m
300m
100m
200m
100m
100m
100m

with that 300 being the killer after sprinting 100 then only having 20 secs rest. Tough session, you could see who was & wasnt putting in, even if they werent making the times... Ill never forget those sessions

When Cheika was our coach (now Waratahs superXV coach) he loved the ergs. We would be at coogee surf club on the rowers for 4 weeks, starting with 4 sets of 6 minutes, keeping it under 1;50 per 500m. work to rest 1:1 again so everyone got a go. it was ridiculous. He would get down and yell at us, the first session i was so fucked i didnt know in the end if i was pulling or pushing the handle! lol., We worked up to 6 sets of 10 mins at the same speed. Not sure if it helped my game, but I got real good (and sick of) rowing on the erg lol.

Late last year, the BB facing 100 burpee challenge, after watching Andrea Ager on youtube. I was smitten and was determined to do it and then threw my guts up at the gym toilet immediately after, cursing myself that I have been beaten by a girl again haha.

Had some pretty big workouts at different times, some when I used play Aussie Rules, some of those pre season sessions were brutal, then a few training sessions with Neil Gardener and Jim Kotantonis were pretty damn intense as well.

Doing Body Pump with my regular weights in the last week of dieting after 3 months. I was on basically no carbs that day to carb deplete my body. I had also done morning cardio and another cardio session before the class. I was seeing stars and the only time I legit thought I might pass out.

Two come to mind. The full body glycogen depletion workout while prepping for the CBL diet.
And one time I followed up deadlifts with tyre-sled dragging in the street, then farmers walks around the block...I haven't ever thrown up during a workout but that's the closest I've gone.

Hardest I have ever worked out without a doubt was training Thai Boxing in a Bangkok back street gym.

I thought I was fit before I went over, and then I got introduced to the 4 hour morning session…..fuck that shit, 15 minuted warm up, then 2 hrs conditioning, including sprints, squats, push up and various other boxing related torture, followed by working the heavy bag followed by sparring. Then have the rest of the day off and then there was supposed to be a 2 hr arvo session the same day, the locals were training both sessions every day.

We alternated between arvo and day sessions depending on how we felt, never managed to do both in the one day.

Never again have I been so fit or lean in my life than after a month of doing that.

Ran 3 full time girlfriends at the same time for 6 months, physically and mentaly exhausting.

Jackhammerimg up a bathroom 5 other plumbers turned down for a week with a paper face mask and a little square window, prob knocked 10 years off my life

a3a6azub.jpg

This sucked donkey balls, it's the only workout which I've wanted to injure myself in so I didn't have to finish it, also I've done some 8 and 12hr mountain bike races which I've suffered some pretty sever cramping in which wasn't very pleasant

Hardest I have ever worked out without a doubt was training Thai Boxing in a Bangkok back street gym.

I thought I was fit before I went over, and then I got introduced to the 4 hour morning session…..fuck that shit, 15 minuted warm up, then 2 hrs conditioning, including sprints, squats, push up and various other boxing related torture, followed by working the heavy bag followed by sparring. Then have the rest of the day off and then there was supposed to be a 2 hr arvo session the same day, the locals were training both sessions every day.

We alternated between arvo and day sessions depending on how we felt, never managed to do both in the one day.

Never again have I been so fit or lean in my life than after a month of doing that.

Did that for a few months 2x a day yeah micks got this one covered shit was fucked