• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's the most intense/challenging workout you've ever done?

Hard to pick one. They differ in types of training.

Muay Thai training in Thailand
climbing Mt Pomona with 20kg weight vest
squat 60kg x 161 reps
200 pushup 100 pullups for time
any of the KB swing challenges
100 burpees challenge
BJJ morning training after a massive night out (closest I've been to spewing yet)
Concentration curls

Probably others I forget.

Standing house frames in summer for 9-10 hrs followed by the fitness training for my muay fight.. 6km run, skipping, heavy bag work, pad rounds, thai clinching, more bag work and then bodyweight exercises. Left the house at 6 didn't get home til about 8:30 each night, had time to eat dinner then sleep and do it all over again :(

Ate the challenge burrito in San Diego, the kunce hung off the plate 2" on each side. Was intense, sweated like a whore in church and my heart hit about 300bpm.

Did Dustin care?

vymyze6e.jpg

Aaarrrrhhh....... Funny fuken kunce, now I get it, sort of, still not even funny though.

Honestly, high intensity cardio is the most mentally challenging workout for me. I can push through high burn superset shoulder workouts, and heavy deadlift and squat days, but it's those long high intensity cardio sessions that challenge me most of all.

Probably the depletion workout from Ultimate Diet 2.0 :

- BB Squats 12 sets x 15-20 reps or 1 minute of time under tension
- Stiff leg deadlift 12x15-20
- Dumbbell bench 12x15-20
- Barbell Row 6x15-20/Assisted pull-ups 6x15-20
- Dumbbell press 12x15-20
- Calves 12x15-20
- Biceps 8x15-20
- Triceps 8x15-20

All exercises were supersetted with the antagonist muscles, weights were set at 60% 1RM, 30-60 seconds rest after each superset. It was dumb performing freeweight exercises, but necessary because I train at home and don't have room/money for machines.

I have felt sick from kettlebell complexes before, but during this 1.5 hour workout, I was just waiting to puke at any minute. Squats supersetted with SLDLs for 24 sets is absolute hell on earth. This is the only time where a leg press & leg curl machine would have been useful. This was also done after low carbing for the 3 days prior.

I decided to do the depletion workout to see if I could actually do it, and the next day was Easter, so there was a banquet (understatement of the century) for both lunch and dinner (bloody Italians).

In the gym (weights wise) prob giant sets - should really do more of this.

Outside the gym/cardio wise - strongman style training - tyre flips, prowler, farmers walk etc etc + of course rugby pre-season is never fun = sprints till you drop

This one sucked major donkey balls, prowler push weight can mean different things depending on what surface you have it on, we had 100kg on it which was heavy enough that you couldn't run

6 rounds with 3mins rest in between
25m prowler push(low grip on prowler arms)
3-12ft rope climbs(starting from sitting position so you can't jump haft the distance)
25m prowler push(high grip)

Mentally it was horrible, rope climbs from sitting sucked bad, it took all momentum out of it and made it pure strength, with rest breaks took us around 45mins

This one sucked major donkey balls, prowler push weight can mean different things depending on what surface you have it on, we had 100kg on it which was heavy enough that you couldn't run

6 rounds with 3mins rest in between
25m prowler push(low grip on prowler arms)
3-12ft rope climbs(starting from sitting position so you can't jump haft the distance)
25m prowler push(high grip)

Mentally it was horrible, rope climbs from sitting sucked bad, it took all momentum out of it and made it pure strength, with rest breaks took us around 45mins

That sounds brutal!

And like something I'd love to try haha

We did this at pre season a few times and worked up the distances to this

400m
100m
300m
100m
200m
100m
100m
100m

And did that 5 times. THEN went and did ball skills and contact work. It was a fucken killer. We hated that 400 run program.

Im unfit so when my trainer had me do this I never felt this pain before. Prior to training with him I was just doing the typical 4x10 with one of sets being a warm up.

super set - leg extensions to failure then he helps with weight to do extra few reps then straight onto leg press to failure where cant even push the weight back up so he assisted with weight for extra 2 reps. Then on last super set he removed some weights and did drop set without rest until couldnt push weight back up without assist ><

didnt give me a rep range to hit goal was just to keep going until legs were completely gone. 7 sets including the last drop set.

probably standard day for you guys but i never done that before.

Last edited: