• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Juan Morel 20,000 cal cheat day video

I just hope young bodybuilders don't blindly look up to this guy and follow in his footsteps. Eating big to satisfy one's appetite is one thing; eating BIG on purpose is something else altogether different, and (in my opinion) could have the potential to turn you from an aspiring bodybuilder and into a sumo wrestler. Did I hear him say (in the beginning of the video) that he sometimes passes out eating big? That's not just silly, it's down right dangerous!

Fadi.

Agreed, very occasionally may be acceptable but regular eating of this nature is a recipe for a range of health issues. I couldn't help but think while watching that even though the calories obviously get used effectively the content of the food (calories aside) is a whole different matter, and as we know it is possible to have low body fat but still have significant amounts of fat within and around organs e.g. heart, which is not desirable.
As a point I think he said he said on a big cheat day he may just 'eat and then pass out' which I assume means eat, sleep, eat, sleep, which is not uncommon for pros, not pass out as a result of eating.

The interesting thing about his video is the insight into what they can get away with given their 'supplement' regime - no steamed chicken breasts, broccoli and brown rice 8 x a day for Juan!

When I put up my 13500 calorie diet back in 2009, I said (at the time) that I was not exaggerating the numbers, and I wasn't. But I emphasised back then that that way of eating was not done out of want but rather out of need, and only lasted for a short period of about 3 to 4 months. And at 17, (even some girls) have a huge appetite, let alone a 17 year old male weightlifter.

I understand what you're saying about the "hidden" fat we call visceral fat, too much of would certainly spell ill health in the long run. Another point that is not discussed here is the amount/type of drugs this pro bodybuilder is taking and the effects they could be having on his caloric expenditure and assimilation.

Last edited:
When I put up my 13500 calorie diet back in 2009, I said (at the time) that I was not exaggerating the numbers, and I wasn't. But I emphasised back then that that way of eating was not done out of want but rather out of need, and only lasted for a short period of about 3 to 4 months. And at 17, (even some girls) have a huge appetite, let alone a 17 year old male weightlifter.

I understand what you're saying about the "hidden" fat we call visceral fat, too much of would certainly spell ill health in the long run. Another point that is not discussed here is the amount/type of drugs this pro bodybuilder is taking and the effects they could be having on his caloric expenditure and assimilation.

Exactly my point as per below -

The interesting thing about his video is the insight into what they can get away with given their 'supplement' regime - no steamed chicken breasts, broccoli and brown rice 8 x a day for Juan!

I find it amusing when you read articles or see videos about supposed pre-comp pro diets that consist of fairly clean foods in quantities that are not unimaginable for your average body builder when the reality (I believe) is probably more along the lines of what we see here. Granted most of this propaganda is purported by sponsors who rely on people believing that an Olympia physique is attainable with careful dieting, hard work and good supplementation. And it is......isn't it?

This guy would be eating 1000000% clean Monday - Saturday - I honestly cant see the problem with taking one day out and eating what you want - of course some people have bigger limits than some - but if he enjoys eating, and can eat that much then go for it - if he was doing it 6 days out of the week and then eating clean 1 day - then yea there would be an issue haha.

Considering his training, dieting, "supplements" etc - eating like this one day a week in the off-season wouldnt make any difference to his health at all.

Some days I must eat upwards of 10,000+ cals in junk on my days off