• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

To those who lost weight and then regained

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
To those who lost weight and then regained most of it, was there a reason for the regain?

Ive regained twice in my life and fortunately not a third time.

Reasons:
Just felt like I could eat anything I wanted again, and the weekend bloat was why the scales read higher.
Fell into the party life
The diets never taught me to eat properly.

Over the course of 11-12 years of training - I started at 120+ Kgs - gone to 79kgs - up to 90 - down to 85 - upto 100 - upto 118 - down to 90 ......you get the picture - depending on goal, what's going on in life etc etc etc - my weight changes - I have been around the 100-105kg mark for around 3 years which has prob been The most consistent I've prob ever been with my weight.

I always end up back at 90kg so I'm just working on that being a leaner 90kg. Got down to 83kg after basic training and up to 102kg when bulking for rugby.

I look at food and get fatter..

I've been around the 105kg mark for about 2 years now, about to start the goal of hitting 90kg or there abouts..

To those who lost weight and then regained most of it, was there a reason for the regain?

4 years ago i went from 44 size waist to 32 size waist and went from 105kg (sometimes more) down to 69kg, i lost aprox 35kg. I was fit, flat stomach some definition but the lame skinny look because i restricted my calories so much. I started training with a bodybuilder for 3 months. Added on some muscle and compared to the fat me i looked totally different.
Then i got a gf annnd my training fell apart. I couldnt balance eating well/gym/partying/ and slowly i fell back into old habits.

I started training again last 2 months though, im down to 42 or 40 waist now but haven't weighed myself would be way to depressing to see the number.

Last edited:
4 years ago i went from 44 size waist to 32 size waist and went from 105kg (sometimes more) down to 69kg, i lost aprox 35kg. I was fit, flat stomach some definition but the lame skinny look because i restricted my calories so much. I started training with a bodybuilder for 3 months. Added on some muscle and compared to the fat me i looked totally different.
Then i got a gf annnd my training fell apart. I couldnt balance eating well/gym/partying/ and slowly i fell back into old habits.

I started training again last 2 months though, im down to 42 or 40 waist now but haven't weighed myself would be way to depressing to see the number.

Good work on dropping the weight mate but why such the huge weight drop from really not being that heavy? You must of been skin and bone at 69kg - unless you are fairly short?

Ahhhh the old being in a relationship - tell me about it haha - best results I have ever got is just AFTER relationships....

yeah i was really skinny didnt look good. I started eating 1k cals, taking clen and EC for months without first building muscle.