• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Malaysian plane shot down

Religion... Biggest can of worms imo.

Best left sealed and behind closed doors and shared with like minded individuals. I have my own beliefs, but would not push them on anyone else.

What @Shrek ; said is good advice.

Everyone form a circle, whips off ya jocks and grab the member to your right. Don't stop jerking til the everyone is satisfied.

Not to mention the Lockerbie bombing by the Muslim Libyans which killed everyone on board, plus 11 on the ground.

Bazza is right. Its religion that is the overwhelming bitch in human affairs, not atheism, which was a quaint belief held by a few until it's burgeoning in the mid 1900's. That has become a religion as well with all the bells and whistles. We constantly see religious leaders encouraging the ignorant and idiotic to sacrifice themselves, all while the leaders sit back to avoid the blood splatter.

Just wander back through the ages to see how the power hungry have used religion as a weapon.

Don't even start me on the tax free status of them all…...

read the Bible, read the Koran or whatever.

True Christianity and true Muslims preach peace because that is what the Bible and the Koran preach. Self interests groups use religion to achieve their own self interests. Groups like Al Qeadas and the Taliban etc are not true Muslims, they are not following the Koran. They are using it, twisting it, distorting it to further their own self interests, like a Lawyer twists and distorts the Law to further their own self interests.

Put down the Playboy Woody and read the Bible, particularly the New Testament (which is considered the most important) and tell me you feel like going to war after reading it. Its all about PEACE, LOVE and all that jive.

True Christianity and true Muslims preach peace because that is what the Bible and the Koran preach. Self interests groups use religion to achieve their own self interests. Groups like Al Qeadas and the Taliban etc are not true Muslims, they are not following the Koran. They are using it, twisting it, distorting it to further their own self interests, like a Lawyer twists and distorts the Law to further their own self interests.

Put down the Playboy Woody and read the Bible, particularly the New Testament (which is considered the most important) and tell me you feel like going to war after reading it. Its all about PEACE, LOVE and all that jive.
Well presented. I find this beautiful and most comforting to say the least, and I'm saying this as a Muslim....Mathew 11: 28-30...

Matthew11_28thru30.jpg

Still, there'll always be some who would find fault with the above statement..perhaps even accusing Jesus (pbuh) with baffling the people with his beautiful preaching. To these people, Islam instructs us to tell them one word: Peace..., before walking away!

Fadi

Last edited:

True Christianity? But what is that. It's all just a book of words with no proof, anyone can come up with their own interpretations and claim that is the true belief.

True Christianity? But what is that. It's all just a book of words with no proof, anyone can come up with their own interpretations and claim that is the true belief.

Not really Bazza. If you want to misinterpret these systems then you have to disregard a hell of a lot of peace to find the little bit of hate and it's usually a half quote like the eye for an eye thing. People do it all the time but they couldn't justify it by going back to the book.

These systems were developed over thousands of years. They pretty much have the kinks ironed out. Christianity even has it boiled down to a single sentence, "Do unto others as you would have done to you" That is the whole new testament right there and a pretty good rule to live by.

Religions are basically the original social engineering experiment in my opinion. A set of rules for society to follow that lead to a remarkably stable and predictable population and it's all watched over by a magical being and the punishment for the bad guys comes after death and lasts for eternity. People can't disprove it and most are not prepared to risk it.

The societal order that religion created has allowed the development of all our scientific and technological achievements. None of that would have happened if we were still running around in family groups fighting with other family groups. I do not believe that our modern system would have developed regardless, I think that it was created by old men who wanted a stable, predictable population to protect their descendants or to exert power over or to make money off. It no doubt took hundreds of generations to get right but it basically created a society where people respect the rights of others even where those people do not have the ability to enforce those rights. It's a good system even if it it's not actually based on truth. (I don't know yet how much of it I believe but I get more sceptical as I get older)

Someone will always hijack a system for their own ends and religion has been used to commit countless atrocities from Christian crusades to Moslem jihad and plenty in between. That is not the fault of the system, it's the fault of those running the system and the perpetrators.

Not really Bazza. If you want to misinterpret these systems then you have to disregard a hell of a lot of peace to find the little bit of hate and it's usually a half quote like the eye for an eye thing. People do it all the time but they couldn't justify it by going back to the book.

These systems were developed over thousands of years. They pretty much have the kinks ironed out. Christianity even has it boiled down to a single sentence, "Do unto others as you would have done to you" That is the whole new testament right there and a pretty good rule to live by.

Religions are basically the original social engineering experiment in my opinion. A set of rules for society to follow that lead to a remarkably stable and predictable population and it's all watched over by a magical being and the punishment for the bad guys comes after death and lasts for eternity. People can't disprove it and most are not prepared to risk it.

The societal order that religion created has allowed the development of all our scientific and technological achievements. None of that would have happened if we were still running around in family groups fighting with other family groups. I do not believe that our modern system would have developed regardless, I think that it was created by old men who wanted a stable, predictable population to protect their descendants or to exert power over or to make money off. It no doubt took hundreds of generations to get right but it basically created a society where people respect the rights of others even where those people do not have the ability to enforce those rights. It's a good system even if it it's not actually based on truth. (I don't know yet how much of it I believe but I get more sceptical as I get older)

Someone will always hijack a system for their own ends and religion has been used to commit countless atrocities from Christian crusades to Moslem jihad and plenty in between. That is not the fault of the system, it's the fault of those running the system and the perpetrators.

Well written mate.

Anyone watch 60minutes, let's hope vlad wasn't tuned in for Tonys little show of force, wouldn't be that hard for him to throw a nuke or neutron bomb our way if he was pissed.

If Stalin and Hitler both raped Joan of Arc the resulting off-spring would be Vladimir Putin.

fucking **** is tyrannical and believes 100% in ruski superiority

One does not require proof to have faith.

We are what we are, but why is that?

Having first qualified in science, I find it a useful tool and many things have "proof" but that does not necessarily constitute the truth nor provide finality to the age old question - why does anything happen and why are we here?

Sure, we know how things work and the atheist intellectuals can plaster the walls with formulae of "proof", spawning their own bizarre religion that never really provides the answer to anything.

That's one of the tenets of Christianity but perhaps not the central one.

"Love they neighbour as thyself".

This is an all ecompassing statement and I think we could probably find its equivalent in the Holy Q'ran

(my Persian colleague may like to correct me if I'm wrong)

One does not require proof to have faith.

Quite true, that is the definition of faith - faith is believing something in the absence of proof.

Your welcome to believe that snakes talk and that man walked the earth with dinosaurs if you wish but the facts speak for themselves.