• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I am a 3rd year student in mechanical engineering and when i was in diploma i have a little experience to makes radar.

72c9df0deb88e5037f764bba47c1c0fe7e1fd9b85565417d9ad5b4cbe8f19869.jpg

Attachments

• 72c9df0deb88e5037f764bba47c1c0fe7e1fd9b85565417d9ad5b4cbe8f19869.jpg
    72c9df0deb88e5037f764bba47c1c0fe7e1fd9b85565417d9ad5b4cbe8f19869.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 66
That is just downright beautiful. Total material and time cost?

Material costs form memory about 400 but included enough left over material for benches.
Time wise was a couple of days as I drilled and marked all the holes manually.
Now I am getting the laser cutters to cut all the steal for the racks I now make. So I only have to do some welding send to the powder coaters, box them up and send them off.
Cheers

I just restored my AA (2011) Kettle, it has a AH (2014) lid as it was replaced under warranty. I have fitted new wheels, new handles and added a new Gourmet System grill.

The rest is the original kettle cleaned up.

I bought this one brand new, and it has been my workhorse kettle for the last 6 years doing countless cooks. Thought I would grab and share some photos before she goes back into use this morning.

And later the same day, back into business of smoking a 1.5kg Brisket for 8hrs...

Next project is a 2007 Weber Compact Kettle I picked up on a Facebook Buy swap and sell page for a bargain price.

Last edited:
Just checked the price of a flat i was about to buy in Sydney a decade ago... it's now worth 1.5 times what it was 10 years ago.

Fuck Sydney.

Came up a treat Mick.
My old man's would be from the late 80's, early 90's at a guess, still has the wooden handles. They need replacing (he's been saying he wants to do it for ages so I might source some for him) but the rest is still going as strong as ever.

Came up a treat Mick.
My old man's would be from the late 80's, early 90's at a guess, still has the wooden handles. They need replacing (he's been saying he wants to do it for ages so I might source some for him) but the rest is still going as strong as ever.

Throw up a photo, I would love a mint wooden handle one for my collection.

Throw up a photo, I would love a mint wooden handle one for my collection.
I'll try and remember to snap one next time I'm round there...far from mint condition, it lives out in the elements most of the time these days but still cooks just as well as the day he got it. It would probably clean up ok given the Weber coating is very durable and little bits and pieces can be replaced. He's never thought to restore it, just wants new handles as the old ones have seen better days

I'll try and remember to snap one next time I'm round there...far from mint condition, it lives out in the elements most of the time these days but still cooks just as well as the day he got it. It would probably clean up ok given the Weber coating is very durable and little bits and pieces can be replaced. He's never thought to restore it, just wants new handles as the old ones have seen better days

You can ring Weber and they will send new handles for free, as handles have a lifetime warranty. New wheels are about $15 each from memory.

Problem is they will send you plastic ones, wood handles are no longer available from Weber and are worth a lot more, I have seen wooden ones sell for $25-35 each in mint condition. There is also people out there making and selling reproduction wooden ones for about $25 each.

So the free plastic ones would be fine if it's just for using it.

To clean it and bring the outside (and inside) up like new rub it with 0000 steel wool and WD40, or lots of dish washing liquid and 0000 steel wool, you can buy the steel wool from Bunnings. Any aluminium parts like the legs and vents also polish up with the steel wool.

This one is another one, I picked this up at a Facebook buy and sell site for a few $$ it's over 10 years old and I polished it up as above, it even has the original grill still in it cleaned up with oven cleaner and steel wool:

You can ring Weber and they will send new handles for free, as handles have a lifetime warranty. New wheels are about $15 each from memory.

Problem is they will send you plastic ones, wood handles are no longer available from Weber and are worth a lot more, I have seen wooden ones sell for $25-35 each in mint condition. There is also people out there making and selling reproduction wooden ones for about $25 each.

So the free plastic ones would be fine if it's just for using it.

To clean it and bring the outside (and inside) up like new rub it with 0000 steel wool and WD40, or lots of dish washing liquid and 0000 steel wool, you can buy the steel wool from Bunnings. Any aluminium parts like the legs and vents also polish up with the steel wool.

This one is another one, I picked this up at a Facebook buy and sell site for a few $$ it's over 10 years old and I polished it up as above, it even has the original grill still in it cleaned up with oven cleaner and steel wool:

That's good to know, thanks Mick!

He's gone overseas for 4 weeks from today so I might sneak around there and spruce it up when I get some spare time, give him a bit of a surprise

That's good to know, thanks Mick!

He's gone overseas for 4 weeks from today so I might sneak around there and spruce it up when I get some spare time, give him a bit of a surprise

That would be a great idea he will love it.

Give it a clean with a can of oven cleaner and hose, then steel wool. Weber deliver almost overnight so may be get the new handles and keep the wood ones aside.

Phone this for the handles 1300 301 290

https://www.weberbbq.com.au/contact/

Last edited:
Been putting in underground water lines for irrigation system, not a fun job, but better doing it now than in summer. All done by hand, it's great exercise I guess....

IMG_8066.jpg