• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
haha been renovating since 2010 or 2011 and no progress in site much to my wife's dismay.

I'm not incapable, I just cbf. Every now and then I get a bit done.

Still in the progress of making it [MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION];

Picked it up from the powder coaters about 2 weeks ago and bolted the main frame together.
I have made some temporary brackets to mount my barbell etc.. But have designed some decent j hooks and attachments that I picked up from the laser cutters this week. I just have to assemble them and do a few mods when I get time! New Bub is keeping me busy!!

I looked around at a few racks but was pretty disappointed with some of the attachments, especially dip handles. Some dip handles that I looked at just didn't seem sturdy enough . I hate things being wobbly!! Especially my mid section...
In the process of doing a standing calf press that will attach to my rack so the barbell slides on a 15 degrees angle along a Teflon guide. And maybe looking at doing a seated calf press contraption that you can use with a flat bench.

I have designed the rack so I can remove the rear weight tree in future if I don't have the room and just have a 4 post rack. ( currently 6) And can also add another chin up bar on the other side of the rack...if any one ever wants to have a chin off for whatever reason.

Nice return on a pallet, you could sell them and trendies would put them in their flash city apartment.

No home related projects for me at the moment as I don't have a home for the time being, so concentrating on other things

Did start another car restoration project yesterday though, will probably take me a couple of years to complete, XB GS V8 Manual Ute, have always wanted a classic Aussie V8 ute and have never owned one, may even keep the bull bar and make up a matching roll bar with some spotties for the tray , needs some love and a few $$$, but for $600 I could not pass it up, especially since it's in my favourite XB colour, Yellow Blaze.

Gave it a clean up yesterday and this is how it sits at the moment, not a home project but as close at is gets, have bought a few kg of mig welding wire, a box of grinding and cutting disks and plenty of kill rust paint and some free scrap panels to keep me busy... so I should be sweet this will keep me out of the pub for a while.

At the risk of offending some members who are upset by the size of my car storage shed/workshop I will throw up a photo of the ute project taken this arvo, shouldn't upset anyone as everyone here should be able to afford a $600 ute without adding it to their mortgage and going further into debt, but I guess many won't have the skill to make it a show stopper once again…lol

What Big Mick failed to tell everyone was he actually wanted a Peugeot 206

[MENTION=16347]BrisVegasGhost[/MENTION] ; Jesus mate, came up looking a treat, when are you entering the market selling these

[MENTION=16347]BrisVegasGhost[/MENTION] ; Jesus mate, came up looking a treat, when are you entering the market selling these

I was pretty happy with the colour choice. I was considering silver or white.
I think it might have been [MENTION=17161]White_Lie[/MENTION]; who suggested Matt black.
Good choice.
Just making my spotter arms and j hooks as we speak. Will put pics up later.
Cheers

Looking good how much has it cost you to make it so far

Material has costs $460 including bolts. This included the laser cut j hooks and brackets. This cost includes material for a couple of benches and dip handles that I haven't fabricated yet.
Sand blasting and powder coating is $225.
I know I could buy a rack for the costs of the materials but some lacked quality....or maybe I am just fussy. There was one rack in Australia that was similar quality but was pushing close to 4 grand.

Material has costs $460 including bolts. This included the laser cut j hooks and brackets. This cost includes material for a couple of benches and dip handles that I haven't fabricated yet.
Sand blasting and powder coating is $225.
I know I could buy a rack for the costs of the materials but some lacked quality....or maybe I am just fussy. There was one rack in Australia that was similar quality but was pushing close to 4 grand.

Great job!

Just added another attachment to my rack.
I decided to experiment with the old designed j hooks.
Some j hooks have a bit of a step at the top so you have to focus and make sure you are landing the bar in the hooks

I have now made the "Sky Hooks". I find it a lot easier to re rack the bar as you have more of a landing to hit your bar against. You can drop the bar onto the pins quite easy.
Also the pins can be moved for minor adjustments. They still need to be painted so they don't look that pretty at the moment.