• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Or buy a dirt cheap tripod. Is what i use. Cant remember the cost but it was fuck all, and stands up to about 1.5m off the ground if i need it to.

I also have two kids. I'm sure I can put them to use, too! I'll be squatting again on Tuesday so I'll try to remember to do it

I also have two kids. I'm sure I can put them to use, too! I'll be squatting again on Tuesday so I'll try to remember to do it
This is what they are for. I already call my little daughter my minion. Bahahahaha! Old enough now to get me the biscuits from the cupboard and pass me my drink from the coffee table haha!

This is what they are for. I already call my little daughter my minion. Bahahahaha! Old enough now to get me the biscuits from the cupboard and pass me my drink from the coffee table haha!

Haha. That's the way! My 7 year old boy "works out" with me sometimes. He does chin ups on the rings, push ups and some pretty amusing free weight squats!

I should clarify that I don't actually let him lift weights. His barbell for squats is a broom stick.

Post a vid of you can.

So in my brief time on this forum I've learnt a lot of kunce say they will put up a vid but not many do.

After some feedback to improve squat form. Took this vid after 5 sets of squats as I figured that's when my form will be worst! I have had to back the weight right off but am getting a lot more depth.

Anyway, feedback and ridicule welcome! Sorry about the music. Kinda forgot that would come through.

https://vimeo.com/149733678

I think I am pretty right with my back. Just seems to be the depth I struggle with. Working on my flexibility. Some reps in my heavier sets I got a bit deeper. Almost like I need heavier weight to force me down to full depth!

So in my brief time on this forum I've learnt a lot of kunce say they will put up a vid but not many do.

After some feedback to improve squat form. Took this vid after 5 sets of squats as I figured that's when my form will be worst! I have had to back the weight right off but am getting a lot more depth.

Anyway, feedback and ridicule welcome! Sorry about the music. Kinda forgot that would come through.

https://vimeo.com/149733678

hard to tell what's going on here from that angle, your right heel is lifting off the floor, which indicates the weight is shifting forward, cant tell what the other foot is doing, squatting way too shallow.

google goblet squat, more specifically dan john, his idea.

squatting is about moving the hip and squatting between the legs

foot placement is key

Thanks silverback. I feel like I got better depth last week but just couldn't get there today. Last week I had the untamed strength video fresh in my mind and was concentrating on feet and hips.

I'll keep at it. Appreciate the feedback

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but seems like the most general place to question.

Use to post on here a while back, did a fair bit of lifting when i was at school mainly doing SS, 5/3/1, Texas method etc.

Now work full time doing carpentry and train and compete in jiu jitsu and also olympic wrestling *I don't compete wrestling*. I train 5x a week sometimes 6 if not working weekends.

Starting a night course at tafe 2x a week monday/wednesday and was looking to get back into the weight room to put on some size again. Lost about 10kg since last training at the gym about 9 months ago now, I'm kind of just interested in getting back into it because i have 2 nights per week now that i won't be training bjj and wrestling and i wanted to put on some size for competition, i feel im a bit under strength at the moment i'd like to get stronger and put on a bit of weight maybe around 6-7kg.

I know that its going to be tough to be juggling all of this but i think i can do it i've been doing this sort of thing for the last 2 years and i have the energy to be doing it. As for programming, i'd like to know if you guys think i'd be better off starting from scratch with starting strength or maybe pacing it slow from the start with 5/3/1. In the long run, i'm looking to do my strength work a bit of assistance and get out of there within an hour so i know eventually i'll be using 5/3/1 most likely but for now i'd like to know what i'd be best suited to considering i have a fair bit of knowledge in terms of lifting technique and caloric intake. Keep in mind i'll be allowing the 2 nights during the week to train and one day on the weekend so 3 days a week at gym.

The focus will still be on competition and my grappling although i still want to get as much out of training as i can. The goal is more so sport specific but i still would like to build size and strength and i'll be looking to at least build my lifts back up to what they were before i stopped. Any help would be much appreciate. thx

You say that you feel a bit under strength, and would like to put on some size. Would you not be interested instead, in gaining some strength without as much as gaining those 6-7kg you've talked about? You can achieve that by limiting your repetitions to 5 and below. You may add some size, however it would be minimal when compared with a rep range of (say) 10 to 12 etc. Your muscles would be denser and stronger, rather than bigger (filled with plenty of glycogen) and stronger.

Last edited:
You say that you feel a bit under strength, and would like to put on some size. Would you not be interested instead, in gaining some strength without as much as gaining those 6-7kg you've talked about? You can achieve that by limiting your repetitions to 5 and below. You may add some size, however it would be minimal when compared with a rep range of (say) 10 to 12 etc. Your muscles would be denser and stronger, rather than bigger (filled with plenty of glycogen) and stronger.

I would like to put on 6-7kg just personally anyway. i have a fair bit of play in terms of weight in my division so it wouldn't hurt i do want to put on some size too.

Although, would you recommend starting back from scratch at something like SS or just start with a bit of weight on go slow at 5/3/1 the whole way through?