• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
What you are thinking is incorrect. You can keep doing the same exercises and progress fine.

In the end just do what you want because that's what you are going end up doing anyway.

Yo.

we need to find exercises that keep us, we'll - exercising, then the only things that change is the load and the reps, that should be enough variety.

But of he doesn't change exercise how is he going to confuse the muscle !!

But seriously though, give more detail about your current routine and i'm sure they guys can fix it for you.

Thank you everybody - I really appreciate how quickly and helpfully everyone has jumped in to support me. Not sure I understand the "changing angle" comment?

I currently do (forgive me if the exercise name/description is not quite correct, hopefully you can figure out what it is:

Split 1 - Arms/Shoulders/Back/Chest on Monday & Thursday:
  • Dumbell Bicep Curls (12.5kg in each hand at the same time)
  • Tricep Rope Push Downs on a machine (20kg total)
  • Seated Dumbell Military press (15kg in each hand at the same time)
  • Lat Pull Down on a machine (55kg)
  • Press Ups for chest - I have an old chest tendon injury so am going super slow loading up chest
  • Free-standing bent over Dumbell rows (20kg in each hand at the same time)

Split2 - Legs on Tuesday & Friday:
  • Calf Press (100kg)
  • Squat (50kg)
  • Hamstring Curls (30kg)
  • Leg Press (110kg)

I do 12 reps, 10 reps, 8 rep on each exercise and then move on to the next.

Thank you everybody - I really appreciate how quickly and helpfully everyone has jumped in to support me. Not sure I understand the "changing angle" comment?

I currently do (forgive me if the exercise name/description is not quite correct, hopefully you can figure out what it is:

Split 1 - Arms/Shoulders/Back/Chest on Monday & Thursday:
  • Dumbell Bicep Curls (12.5kg in each hand at the same time)
  • Tricep Rope Push Downs on a machine (20kg total)
  • Seated Dumbell Military press (15kg in each hand at the same time)
  • Lat Pull Down on a machine (55kg)
  • Press Ups for chest - I have an old chest tendon injury so am going super slow loading up chest
  • Free-standing bent over Dumbell rows (20kg in each hand at the same time)

Split2 - Legs on Tuesday & Friday:
  • Calf Press (100kg)
  • Squat (50kg)
  • Hamstring Curls (30kg)
  • Leg Press (110kg)

I do 12 reps, 10 reps, 8 rep on each exercise and then move on to the next.

Drop all that. Do full body everyday you are free to train.

Squat
Bench
Deadlift
Overhead press
Row.

Start with one set of each.

Pick a number of reps you enjoy and work on increasing the weight you lift.

Do this for minimum 12 months.

Last edited:
Thats not as silly a it sounds.

I like bazzas idea though.

Id train 3 x a weekdoing that with the addition on chinups.

Tim.

Drop all that. Do full body everyday you are free to train.

Squat
Bench
Deadlift
Overhead press
Row.

Start with one set of each.

Pick a number of reps you enjoy and work on increasing the weight you lift.

Do this for minimum 12 months.

that idea has served many very strong men and women very wellfor the last 70 + years

You still need to work arms, yeah fuck you if you disagree

Overhead, bench, rows. Love to know how you do those without working your arms.

In any case we are talking about a pure beginner. There is more arm work there than they have ever done.

Plenty of time to add in arm fluff work later.

Overhead, bench, rows. Love to know how you do those without working your arms.

In any case we are talking about a pure beginner. There is more arm work there than they have ever done.

Plenty of time to add in arm fluff work later.
Bullshit
The arms like any other body part should be targetted, it's not fluff

Chuckem on the end. Easy as. Like 5 minutes. 3 - 4 sets. Varying intensity each session.

Tim.

For newbs this is where it starts. Arm fluff is a distraction. They don't need it for starters, they won't gain anything from it. It starts with one set, then it's 5 sets of arms. Then you drop the dreads and squats because need more time for the gunz bra.

One I would throw in would be the barbell curl and chin-up but it needs to be done right, so for a person with limited experience and time it's best left off for the moment.

For newbs this is where it starts. Arm fluff is a distraction. They don't need it for starters, they won't gain anything from it. It starts with one set, then it's 5 sets of arms. Then you drop the dreads and squats because need more time for the gunz bra.

Ed Zachary

One I would throw in would be the barbell curl but it needs to be done right, so for a person with limited experience and time it's best left off for the moment.

Agree but for a different reason. I have no problem with curls but say they are better left off because they distract newbs from the guts of the program. Most newbs will end up putting most of the effort into the curls.

Last edited:
Agree but for a different reason. I have no problem with curls but say they are better left off because the distract newbs from the guts of the program. Most newbs will end up putting most of the effort into the curls.

I agree on both counts plus more other reasons...the dreads done right are going to cane the back all the other exercises are going to serve their purpose with this workout done right he won't be able to do curls properly and when I say proper that's using a lot of weight using the same intensity of work .