• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
No, he just needs to restict cals enough not to gain any excess fat but not enough to go into deficit.

Wait wut....same thing.

Have a noob question

I have been doing smith squats because I cant get the movement right for free weight squats. It feels awkward to me I'm not very flexible and I almost fall backwards or drop my chest parallel. Is there anything wrong with sticking to smith squats? Ive read that it wont work my stabilizer muscles as much. I dont play sport, my goal is bodybuilding if it matters.

If need squats any tips on how to get use to them

box sqauts

2600 for past 3 months at first i started losing a lot of weight but last month i see no difference. yeah thanks i think i will cut calories a bit and then when im ready just bulk for ages.

Dude I would not stress about the scales
i have been the same weigh for past year give. Or take 1-2kg or. So
but my body composition has changed

7kg gain in 7 months is nothing. If you have been training hard enough then there will be a great amount of muscle in there. Id keep going personally. Until things start not looking so great.

You are not eating that much at the moment anyway. Shouldnt get too much.

Tim.

thanks for all the info ... not worried about the weight gain really, pants still fit, a rough and ready guide to waist not getting bigger at least. Pleasingly snug elsewhere. Box squats? No way. May just have to tidy up the diet a little. Green tea, more fluids, and give up all the shit sadly.

I'm a gym newbie and in my 6th week of gym work and am enjoying seeing the results and feeling much better. I'm thinking it is getting to that time when I need to change the exercises I am doing. I am thinking this because I understand you can't just keep doing the same exercises because your body adapts and your results taper off. Changing the exercises causes a new round of improvements so to speak. Apologies if I am not expressing myself the best.

My problem is that I can't think of what to replace squats with. Squats are so highly rated and such a good all round exercise I can't seem to find what an alternative would be?

Thought I should add my main goal is fat loss - I'm hitting the weights 4 times a week and cardio 4 times a week.

Why do you need to change so soon?
If you are a newbie mate, your newbie gains will just keep coming for some time yet.

Please outline your program, In full if you dont mind, then we can better understand.

Tim.

I'm a gym newbie and in my 6th week of gym work and am enjoying seeing the results and feeling much better. I'm thinking it is getting to that time when I need to change the exercises I am doing. I am thinking this because I understand you can't just keep doing the same exercises because your body adapts and your results taper off. Changing the exercises causes a new round of improvements so to speak. Apologies if I am not expressing myself the best.

My problem is that I can't think of what to replace squats with. Squats are so highly rated and such a good all round exercise I can't seem to find what an alternative would be?

What you are thinking is incorrect. You can keep doing the same exercises and progress fine.

In the end just do what you want because that's what you are going end up doing anyway.

Bazza is correct.

What the young fella is alluding to is the principal of variation. Which doesnt matter at this point. Though, that principal CAN infact be satisfied with changing rep ranges rather exercises. I use 3 personally in any given training block. Progressing just fine.

Tim.

What you are thinking is incorrect. You can keep doing the same exercises and progress fine.

In the end just do what you want because that's what you are going end up doing anyway.

But of he doesn't change exercise how is he going to confuse the muscle !!

But seriously though, give more detail about your current routine and i'm sure they guys can fix it for you.