• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
yeah i dont care about abs that much rather make gains. Does his logic seem right though? 2600 seems to be about my maintenance

Have you been on 2600 the whole time? You can try dropping them a couple of hundred more if your gains are tapering off

Have you been on 2600 the whole time? You can try dropping them a couple of hundred more if your gains are tapering off

2600 for past 3 months at first i started losing a lot of weight but last month i see no difference. yeah thanks i think i will cut calories a bit and then when im ready just bulk for ages.

Maybe start cycling your Kj...

like have a high calorie day? I changed my diet a bit I lowered the carbs and added more protein keeping the same calories. A guy on youtube said if his clients dont lose fat he lowers their carbs soo did i do right thing ><.

EDIT: Did some reading i will try refeed days every 7 days i will have extra 400 calories from carbs maybe banana and 2 potatos(whatever adds to meet macro). see what happens

Last edited:
My shoulder injury is bit better and I wanted to start getting my strength back. Is there anything wrong with this type of routine?

Monday - Chest/Back
Tuesday - Delts + tri or bi
Wednesday - OFF
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Chest/Back
Saturday - Delts <-- maybe every second week do just arms instead
Sunday - OFF

Not really but if you're hitting the upper body that often and legs once a week, you know where that's going to end up...

I was rotating it so everyweek i would hit different group twice. eg one week chest/back twice week after legs twice. But for past 4 weeks I havent worked chest or shoulders at all because I was injured. So thinking it might be good idea for maybe 2 months? to just get some strength back then start rotating it again.

I don't think it will take 2 months to get back 1 months lost strength but see how you go

My shoulder injury is bit better and I wanted to start getting my strength back. Is there anything wrong with this type of routine?

Monday - Chest/Back
Wednesday - OFF
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Chest/Back
Sunday - OFF

The split itself wont produce any results, it's more your exercise choice and how you perform them.

That's the truth.

based on split principles I've decide to experiment training my left side alternating with training the right side everyday and twice a day for maximum gains.
fuck overtraining that's for pussies.

will it work ?

Monday - Chest/Back
Wednesday - OFF
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Chest/Back
Sunday - OFF

If your goal is to look better/bigger then I see no issue training upper body more - of course still train the legs, keep them at a good size - but if your training purely to look better, bigger just in general and your not competing, playing sport etc - then go for it.

I would honestly split up Chest and back - as these are 2 of the more taxing workouts - def back - so maybe something like so (If your wanting to hit every twice a week)

Monday - Chest/Shoulders
Tuesday - Back/Biceps
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - Shoulders
Friday - Chest/Triceps
Saturday - Back/Biceps
Sunday - OFF

And maybe have 1 day as heavy/1 day as light i.e Monday lighter day as you have shoulders aswell - maybe 3-5 x 8-15 then Friday for example heavier day 2-3 x 4-8 - same goes for back etc 1 Heavy day/1 Light day.

Personally there is NO WAY I could have chest/back in one workout - sometimes I even struggle to do afew sets of biceps after back

Last edited:
I disagree. I don't think chest is all that taxing at all and I have no trouble training other body parts after chest.
Let's face it, lying on your back pushing your arms up isn't that taxing.
Chins, heavy rows, squats, deads, now that's taxing.

I disagree. I don't think chest is all that taxing at all and I have no trouble training other body parts after chest.
Let's face it, lying on your back pushing your arms up isn't that taxing.
Chins, heavy rows, squats, deads, now that's taxing.

After heavy incline, flat bench, dips, db's - I am done - maybe a few sets of triceps - but no way I could train another major bodypart unless it was lightish weight, or I was not trying 100% on one or the other....

wow thanks for all replies.

Monday - Chest/Shoulders
Tuesday - Back/Biceps
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - Shoulders
Friday - Chest/Triceps
Saturday - Back/Biceps
Sunday - OFF

That split looks really good. I will try that out. much appreciated.

Last edited:
If the shoulder is suspect then building strength is the goal.
and more importantly balanced strength between the antagonist.
so, if one was to be stupid enough to do a split routine then at least do a push/pull on the same day at the same intensity

@Repacked
yeah but I was curious if there was problems with it for examples same group of muscles worked to often or something.

If the shoulder is suspect then building strength is the goal.
and more importantly balanced strength between the antagonist.
so, if one was to be stupid enough to do a split routine then at least do a push/pull on the same day at the same intensity

I dont understand what that means =/ to much pressing on monday? or you mean chest/back is good on monday?

wow thanks for all replies.

Monday - Chest/Shoulders
Tuesday - Back/Biceps
Wednesday - Legs
Thursday - Shoulders
Friday - Chest/Triceps
Saturday - Back/Biceps
Sunday - OFF

That split looks really good. I will try that out. much appreciated.

Maybe use Monday as abit of a rehab/prehab shoulder workout - lighter weights, some more mobility style stuff - then the Thursday session balls to the wall shoulder workout....

That's the truth.

based on split principles I've decide to experiment training my left side alternating with training the right side everyday and twice a day for maximum gains.
fuck overtraining that's for pussies.

will it work ?

Let us know how it goes.