• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
can someone aware me of basic superset guidelines?
I was told to try supersetting opposing muscles like chest/back or bicep/tricep. Today i saw this giant dude super setting very wide grip bent over bb rows with standard overhand grip lat pull downs.

what was purpose of it?

Judt another training tool mate.
Some people use it to bust through plateaus or if time poor (get through same volume on much less time)

Hey guys, I'm new to this world. What I am interested in is finding a gym, trainer & nutritionist on Brisbane's north that can get my body fat down from around 25% to INBA spec.
Do you know of any?
Thanks.

Have a noob question

I have been doing smith squats because I cant get the movement right for free weight squats. It feels awkward to me I'm not very flexible and I almost fall backwards or drop my chest parallel. Is there anything wrong with sticking to smith squats? Ive read that it wont work my stabilizer muscles as much. I dont play sport, my goal is bodybuilding if it matters.

If need squats any tips on how to get use to them

Last edited:
Lose the machine dude. Try doing it with a heavy dumbbell out in front of you, and build up to the real deal

Have a noob question

I have been doing smith squats because I cant get the movement right for free weight squats. It feels awkward to me I'm not very flexible and I almost fall backwards or drop my chest parallel. Is there anything wrong with sticking to smith squats? Ive read that it wont work my stabilizer muscles as much. I dont play sport, my goal is bodybuilding if it matters.

If need squats any tips on how to get use to them

I flog this absolutely everywhere, helped me out a bit with odds and ends

Got another noob question.

Had a session with a personal trainer who has competed before, not sure of results. He has been lifting for many years. He was showing me T Bar rows and i wanted to know how many people do them like this.

He was telling me to start the movement keeping back about 45degrees and when putting the weight back down to floor to extend arms a bit which causes the back to move a bit down and when lifting at the top of the movement to lean a bit back so you get bigger range of motion.
On youtube a lot of people say to keep back completely parallel and not move back at all just stay stationary.

eg this guy says to keep back stationary

How To: T-Bar Row - YouTube

(same grip/attachment)
Thoughts? fwiw it felt good and I got a good pump.

Last edited:
1. Listen to experienced peoples advice
2. Don't be afraid to find out what works best for YOU

I prob keep a bit more than 45 but that's what's I feel what works best for me, neutral spine, let lats stretch at the bottom, retract scapula at the top. That's just me.
Little variations can make a big difference to an exercise but if you don't feel a certain movement is effective the worst that can happen is you cross it off your list. But refer to #1.

Last edited:
No doubt it's a great exercise. I sometimes prefer to just hold the bar 2 handed. My broscience opinion is that its less lats more middle back...don't hate...

noob question.

When doing close grip bench press do you lower the bar under your pecs or above pecs?
i am aware you need to keep elbows tucked and do full rom but confused about bar placement. Monsters on youtube say below pecs and my trainer who is swole says upper pec area

noob question.

When doing close grip bench press do you lower the bar under your pecs or above pecs?
i am aware you need to keep elbows tucked and do full rom but confused about bar placement. Monsters on youtube say below pecs and my trainer who is swole says upper pec area
Below for me.
Mine push off midway between pec and navel so the elbows are at 90° at the bottom and the wrists are straight.

Below for me.
Mine push off midway between pec and navel so the elbows are at 90° at the bottom and the wrists are straight.

same for me here but i guess alot of it has to do with how you feel the movement working, different torso length to arm length ratio MAY play a role. I would try it for a set in a few different ranges of motion to see what makes your tricep feel more worked.

that seems to be what everyone is saying =/. Wonder why this guy keeps saying upper pec? Maybe to use more weight, and then iso each triicep head with cables and db? will ask him and in mean time secretly do it below pec lol

thank you

Last edited:
Am i only one who is newbie on here ><

Have another question. I have lost about 15kg in last 5 months, however i havent seen much of a change over last month.
Consuming 2600 calories
my macros are 30p / 50c / 20f percent% or 190p / 260carbs / 54fats (might be bit off weird numbers rounded up/down)

A trainer i see once a week told me to keep the calories the same because being new i could lean out a bit and make noob gains. I am overweight but not obese have made some gains but not much.
Is his approach standard or do most people cut to see abs first then bulk up?

You don't need to cut to the point where you can see your abs, cut to a level that you feel comfortable at. If its a goal to see your abs then do it, if they don't matter that much to you, then just cut to a point where you feel lean enough. If you're planning on serious bulking you won't see them for long anyway!