• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Where you been you rad sheila?

Tim.
Around
been hiding in the shadows
manly laughing my ass off at you blokes ranting about nonsense
and again with the gay jokes
i get speechless at times
so I just don't comment

i see you still squat bench and deadlift ???
you can diffs put iceing on ya cake

Hi everyone, one month later I thought I'd post an update.

I've been doing the 5X5 program - had to spend a lot of time and internet videos on proper form, especially for squats and neutral wrists. I've got a good routine going now and I don't think I've ever squatted so often or so much weight. One thing I had to focus on early is learning how to fail on the squat so that I was not afraid of pushing myself - I train alone in the garage so can't rely on having folk around to help me. I'm still not comfortable with the safety aspects of bench pressing on my own but I have practised unloading the bars (which do not have clamps on them) and it seems to go OK.

Overall going pretty well, I have another 4 weeks I can focus on it until I go away for xmas for 3 weeks. I'll try and find a gym where we are going and hit the new year running.

thanks everyone...will keep the updates coming.

Do you have a proper rack or just a squat rack? Safeties on the rack are the go if you're benching alone. Its the same thing as you say with squatting, some times you have to fail just to strengthen the mind.

Do you have a proper rack or just a squat rack? Safeties on the rack are the go if you're benching alone. Its the same thing as you say with squatting, some times you have to fail just to strengthen the mind.

I have just a squat rack but I got two safety rails welded that make it similar to a cage. They are height adjustable and connect to the rack with some pins.

works great for squats but the pin holes are just not the right height for press - too high and I can't get down to my chest and too low so I can't get out of the way. I' thinking Santa may need to be squeezing a rack down the chimney.

Hey, I am going on a holiday for a couple of weeks and was hoping to keep up the momentum using bands. Possibly a little controversial but just wondering whether anyone had any suggestions...

Just enjoy the holiday, but if you must use the bands or perform bodyweight exersices. Push ups, burpees, sit ups, jumping squats. Do them as a circuit. 10 ea x 3-5 with 1 min rest between sets.

Just enjoy the holiday, but if you must use the bands or perform bodyweight exersices. Push ups, burpees, sit ups, jumping squats. Do them as a circuit. 10 ea x 3-5 with 1 min rest between sets.
Thanks for that.

Ectomorph bodybuilding

Post any of your questions, no matter how silly you think the question might be

Gday!

I'm a 6'3 75kg ectomorph who has been eating 6 meals a day and doing gym every day for the past 3 months solid.

I have made some small gains and am happy with my progress.

Any suggestions on how I can improve on gains?

Cheers

Gday!

I'm a 6'3 75kg ectomorph who has been eating 6 meals a day and doing gym every day for the past 3 months solid.

Cheers

This is a common question these days.

If you are happy with your progress and you would like to bodybiuld with a view of competition then drugs is what you will need to take, bit there is a risk mentally and physically to this, for which we can go into if you're interested.

The other route is for health, mobility and longevity, which requires a different regime of exercise and diet.

So, the question to you is; what do you want?

This is a common question these days.

If you are happy with your progress and you would like to bodybiuld with a view of competition then drugs is what you will need to take, bit there is a risk mentally and physically to this, for which we can go into if you're interested.

The other route is for health, mobility and longevity, which requires a different regime of exercise and diet.

So, the question to you is; what do you want?

I am most definitely keen to explore the option of taking roids.

I am currently being injected with Sustanon250 by my doctor on a monthly basis as I have low testosterone levels

Trains for 3 months and you recommend he gets on the gear? Come on now...

Eat more, probably train less than every day and come back in 3 years...

You have left out a very key point in your progress to date.

- What kind of weights are you moving?
- How old are you?
- what was your starting weight?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Gday!

Cheers
What's your routine like?
Without knowing anything else my first suggestion would be to not work out every day