• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

news flash , man is gay ...thorpe

Nope. Did not pick him for gay. Nope. Never.

508540-ian-thorpe.gif

6a00e553c23b4988330133ed271eea970b-800wi

5e487a78-aab5-46a1-a450-9dc643b9671b_800.jpg

Just read this:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/swimming/deal-or-no-deal-why-thorpe-kept-quiet-20140713-3bv2m.html#ixzz37OWvNF8m

Quote:

"The day after the conversation with Tewksbury, Marsden told the Herald that the Canadian swimmer did not try to dissuade Thorpe from coming out but made sure he was aware of the financial consequences.

Marsden said Thorpe weighed up the advice and decided to postpone the announcement until later in his swimming career."

Soooooo, Thorpe lied to ensure that he made money out of swimming.

Lance Armstrong lied to make money out of cycling.

One is a hero, the other is hated.

I need to go lie down so that I don't kill someone.

Well, I wouldn't suppose that they would strip Thorpie of all his olympic medals just because he lied about his sexuality. Unless being gay is a known performance enhancer lol.

Well, I wouldn't suppose that they would strip Thorpie of all his olympic medals just because he lied about his sexuality. Unless being gay is a known performance enhancer lol.

might be a performance enhancement lol.

Higher E levels means higher body fat etc. Means you sit higher in the water which allows you to swim faster.

There were suspicions/accusations that Thorpe retired abruptly to avoid being caught for using HGH. That IOC had developed a better test for HGH and Thorpe was worried he'd get caught, so abruptly retired. Not sure how creditable that story is.

Any kunce with size 19 feet is certainly going to have an advantage anyways.

I hear what you say, but this is not about PEDs. Its about lying to make money.

Armstrong's situation was two fold. First, his medals/wins using PEDs. Second was his financial empire based on sponsorship, appearances and products. Both issues were based on lying.

Thorpe's issue is not about cheating/PEDs (ahem, cos he was clean, right? They all are. Cough.). It's about the second Armstrong issue: making money on a profile based on a lie.

This is not about being right or wrong as a homo, it's about money for a fake brand. He suspected that he would earn less by being honest, so he opted to lie to make money. Simple as that. It's similar in some ways to Tiger Woods. He traded his squeaky clean family man, black guy doing good brand to make millions. His value has been estimated between $500 mil and $1.5 billion. Would he have made that money if he had been upfront about his dicking anything with tits? I doubt it.

Thorpe lied to make money. He said it himself. Gay or not, he's a douche who uses way too much product.

The rumour was that the IOC testers were at Thorpes door one morning, so to avoid submitting to this newly improved test for HGH he informed the IOC testers he'd retired. Apparently that's the first anyone had heard he'd retired. That's the rumour.

Then the question needs to be asked, how did Thorpe afford HGH early in his career. Dat shiz ain't cheap!

Then the question needs to be asked, how did Thorpe afford HGH early in his career. Dat shiz ain't cheap!

He had mega advertising deals in Japan they idolised him there, his mug was on every health drink, energy drink can, packets of rice and dog food tins. He made a small fortune there.

The rumour was that the IOC testers were at Thorpes door one morning, so to avoid submitting to this newly improved test for HGH he informed the IOC testers he'd retired. Apparently that's the first anyone had heard he'd retired. That's the rumour.

I reckon they knocked on Freeman's door also.

I hear what you say, but this is not about PEDs. Its about lying to make money.
Thorpe lied to make money. He said it himself. Gay or not, he's a douche who uses way too much product.

I agree with you totally and I too would love to live in a world where lying and/or deception (in other words, marketing) to make money isn't as widespread as it is. However sadly I've come to accept that in todays world this is simply not the case. Most sportsman would be doing/taking anything they can to get the upper edge physically and financially, the front panel of most food products are full of shit, and santa claus isn't real. The real outrage should be directed to the fact that he uses too much product, like you said. Just because he is gay doesn't give him the right to bastardise Britney's beauty routine.