• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Welcome to Grip Training

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Welcome to Ausbb - Australian Bodybuilding Grip Training!

Introduce yourself, share your grip goals/experience

Doing chin ups every second day and heavy deads once a week I find not much time to train grip these days - my Captains of Crush are getting dusty.

I've noticed the following types grip strength:
- open palm holding (doorway frames doing chins, rock climbing)
- closed grip holding (double overhand heavy deads, shrugs)
- crushing (captains of crush)
- being a dick and trying to hurt someone in a handshake (I dont actually train this one :p)
I don't notice much carry over from one to the other.

My PB with the CoC's is 8 closes of no 2, 3 of 2.5, and 0 of the no3. Have gotten the no3 a couple of mm off being shut but never further. Training them seriously interfered with other things too much.

I have found that chin ups, pull ups, hanging leg raises, deadlifts, more deadlifts, RDLs have all helped my grip strength... Guess it is just a case of keep at it and progression should come along!

I wish I could fit more farmers walks into my routine but for the odd week or two that I do it, I need less chalk for my deadlifts so go figure..

Not sure if related to grip training but saw a guy a few weeks back and in the bent over position rolled a barbell over his back. Wierd.

My grip goal is to be ranked #1 in the world in my weight class (74k) overall in the three major events (e.g. by holding the #1 spot in at least two out of the three) in the sport of grip strength (grippers, 2HP and DoH axle deadlift). I want to achieve this by next year. I am hopelessly competitive by nature and can't settle for anything less.

Great grip comes with great responsibilities. No thoughtless application of that grip strength to unsuspecting body parts.

I have found that the most effective test of grip strength improvement is to test retest the amount of time required to rub one out, at a comparative time and place.