• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone not want kids?

I can understand people not wanting kids to change their life negatively. I haven't left Australia and now I have kids (5+7) if I want to go anywhere it becomes expensive or I leave them behind and am limited on the amount of time I can go away for. I have friends and even my in laws who traveled the world before breeding but in the case of my mother in law she is 40yrs older than my wife so struggles to look after the spawn when they want to sleep at grandmas house. My mum was hassling my oldest brother's wife about kids and then copped 5 grand children within 3-4 years from myself and 2 of my brothers (despite the 11yr gap between oldest and younger brothers).

Despite the cost of kids and everything they do (school, sport, other activities) I wouldn't trade mine in. I plan to educate them well enough and teach them responsibility and respect so they earn good coin and put me in a decent old peoples home when the time comes, solid plan right? For now I need to teach my son to stop telling everyone he's the smartest so he doesn't come home with black eyes for the next 11 years (including from his sister).

Kids don't have to change a thing...nothing shits me more than over protective parents who suddenly can't go have a drink or have a day of fishing because they'll miss their little brats 6:32 bottle, 6:45 bath and 6:59 bedtime...
Kids adapt well to whatever lifestyle their parents have, shouldn't be the other way around!!

Well sure, they'll adapt without you for a while :p
Me and the missus are doing just that, although only for a month!! Lol

@Brick ; not having a crack, but you've told some tales of your past playing up etc. Has Fatherhood made you a "better person" you think, more responsible?

That's a plus in my opinion. Having kids makes you reach your potential more, you can't fuck around as much.

Not really to be honest I'm probably more of a cünt now. Less tolerance for anyone standing between me and the almighty $. Wanna give my kids a leg up in life financially, ya know.

For now I need to teach my son to stop telling everyone he's the smartest so he doesn't come home with black eyes for the next 11 years (including from his sister).

If he is even slightly smart he will work that out for himself pretty quickly. If he doesn't then it's a bad sign.

I've got a few mates with young kids, and they certainly don't sell it all that well, with the following being mentioned with alarming frequency;

I'm so glad I have to go away with work during this extremely busy time where I will get pumped and barely get any time off - I will be able to get at least 6 hours sleep a night, and it will be bliss

Last night my three year old decided that he didn't want to sh1t in the toilet, decided that the floor would be a better option

Oh god, kids can be so picky - today my two year old wants spaghetti, yesterday he hated spaghetti, tomorrow he will be on an all green vegetable diet

etc

etc

etc

Kids are a lot of work when they are under 5, mine are 6 and 8 and are a piece of cake, wipe there own arse, make there own breakfast and lunch. As long as one of us are in the house they are fine, a few more years and they will be barely there, I had my first when I was 21, by the time we are 40, our house will be 3/4 paid off and we will be able to travel and do as we please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The need to provide for a family makes you work harder and there is a commensurate increase in net wealth.

Motivation to succeed increases. I have realised that my life is not mine alone and with others depending on me this makes all of life's battles an exercise in mortal combat. It's imprinted in our genes. Our ancestors had to fight to keep their families safe and kill more animals to feed them. How you feel about it is no longer relevant.

Who has the strongest will to survive - a man with nothing to lose or a man with much lose?

Last edited:
The need to provide for a family makes you work harder and there is a commensurate increase in net wealth.

Motivation to succeed increases. I have realised that my life is not mine alone and with others depending on me this makes all of life's battles an exercise in mortal combat. It's imprinted in our genes. Our ancestors had to fight to keep their families safe and kill more animals to feed them. How you feel about it is no longer relevant.

Who has the strongest will to survive - a man with nothing to lose or a man with much lose?

None of that is a legitimate reason to have kids.

I don't want to work harder to provide for kids I don't really want.

I happy not having kids to worry about.

I will add to what I have said.
If my mrs wanted kids really badly we wouldn't be having this chat I would probably just go along with it but she isn't sure she wants any either.

I don't see the point if neither of us are that keen on it just because having kids is what society demands you do.

None of that is a legitimate reason to have kids.

I don't want to work harder to provide for kids I don't really want.

I happy not having kids to worry about.

Doesn't have to be legitimate. It's just the normal thing to do and a driving force in the development of human civilisation as without procreation there is no civilisation.

There are many benefits.

Doesn't have to be legitimate. It's just the normal thing to do and a driving force in the development of human civilisation as without procreation there is no civilisation.

There are many benefits.

It's just the normal thing to do. Lol. Great augment.

I'm not saying everyone shouldn't have kids. I'm saying I don't want any.

A lot of the responses I get from people when I say that I don't want kids seem like they are shitty with their decision to have kids and want to make sure that you go down the same path as them.

A lot of the responses I get from people when I say that I don't want kids seem like they are shitty with their decision to have kids and want to make sure that you go down the same path as them.

From a Darwinian perspective, I would encourage you not to have children so that my superior genetic features can be perpetuated onto society without the added competition.

From a Darwinian perspective, I would encourage you not to have children so that my superior genetic features can be perpetuated onto society without the added competition.

I knew retarded responses like that from people with inflated perceptions of their own genetics were going to come eventually. When in reality the people doing the most breeding and passing their genes on these days are the dole bludging retards than can hardly string a sentence together.

If passing your genes on is what makes you happy, good for you. I couldn't give a fuck When we die none of it means shit anymore. I want to live a happy life while I am here and I'm not sure that spending a large chunk of it looking after kids I don't really want will make me that happy.

Mrs & I are very unlikely to fall pregnant anyway but no we also don't want kids.

I like my free time :) I understand people have plenty of fun with their kids too as well. Not for us though.

We have said that if we do for some reason change our minds then we will look into adoption. Highly unlikely though.

I'm 31 BTW and many of my friends have kids now but still a fair portion don't also.

Double income no kids = much easier to setup for early retirement also.