• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Anyone not want kids?

ive known people to go through their entire life without having kids, and being very happy, from the outside anyway.

Yep.

And I know people that have kids that don't seem happy about it.

And then some that clearly love having kids.

Unlike some people I don't believe that it is a guarantee you will enjoy being a parent.

I can't believe it when people say you should have kids early so you can get your life back. Hardly the right way to go about it. If that's your thinking why have kids at all?

Right now, my youngest daughter feels pressure from friends, and sister, to have kids. It's no good.

Right now, my youngest daughter feels pressure from friends, and sister, to have kids. It's no good.

Yeah you get pressure from all angles. Then if you mention you're not sure you want them people look at you like you have pushed a disabled person down the stairs.

What's worse not having kids or being pressured into kids you don't want and hating life and likely not being a good parent because of it.

I swore I never wanted kids, mrs wore me down eventually. Now I wish I started earlier.

The worst part would be getting too old and regretting you didn't do it, for me it wasn't worth the risk of the regret. Had to try it at least once.

really it's only 6 years of total dependence then another 7 of schooling and you've lost em to the world

Serious advice for a minute [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; tell your old man you don't think you ever want kids & ask him if he thinks it's the right decision.

Serious advice for a minute @Bazza20 ; tell your old man you don't think you ever want kids & ask him if he thinks it's the right decision.

Never ask a question you don't know the answer to lol.

if my kids said that to me, I would reply whatever makes you the happiest.

Kids; best thing that ever happened to me and my wife! It's great to be in a position where you can actually contemplate the possibility of having or not having kids...as some folks are not as fortunate as some of you here and simply are unable to have kids of their own.

Fadi.

Serious advice for a minute [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; tell your old man you don't think you ever want kids & ask him if he thinks it's the right decision.

That will get me his opinion but I'm not my old man.

Your 6 years dependance and 7 years schooling then lost to the world figures seem a bit off.

I would rather regret not having them than regret having them.

I've got 2 of my own, a step daughter and seriously considering having more, when you take a step back and realise it's all about them and the joy they have learning and growing...it's all worth it. Proud moments like teaching your son to ride a bike, catch a fish and kick a footy are all moments that I am sorry some men will never get to experience.

I've got 2 of my own, a step daughter and seriously considering having more, when you take a step back and realise it's all about them and the joy they have learning and growing...it's all worth it. Proud moments like teaching your son to ride a bike, catch a fish and kick a footy are all moments that I am sorry some men will never get to experience.

Glad you enjoy it.

Those moments you mention don't really mean anything to me. In my mind certainly not worth putting up with the rest of the shit for. And for anyone with kids talking this personally, this is just my opinion.

as i said elsewhere

you know how it goes

society demands that a person be into debt upto their eyeballs
have a mortgage for a mcmansion that you can't afford
2.5kids
2 cars in the driveway
a speed boat for that once a year water skiing trip
have a 9-8 job that only pays 9-5
be over weight and unfit

and if you don't fit into that mold something must be wrong with you

Baz I just tried to give you some insight to the other side from someone who honestly considered a vasectomy in his mid 20's. If your so sure why'd you start the thread, must be some doubt in your mind?

Baz I just tried to give you some insight to the other side from someone who honestly considered a vasectomy in his mid 20's. If your so sure why'd you start the thread, must be some doubt in your mind?

I appreciate it. Of course there is doubt, I can't tell the future.

I have almost zero doubt I would be happy without kids, I am happy now without them.

With kids, would I be happier, I have no idea. I know I don't really like kids, I am not a kid person, I avoid them when possible. I am definitely not looking forward to having kids or looking after them but I just don't know. Its a huge decision. If I have kids and don't like it I can't take it back.

Having kids is a heap bigger risk than not having them.

I have almost zero doubt I would be happy without kids, I am happy now without them.

With kids, would I be happier, I have no idea. I know I don't really like kids, I am not a kid person, I avoid them when possible. I am definitely not looking forward to having kids or looking after them but I just don't know. Its a huge decision. If I have kids and don't like it I can't take it back.

The other thing you gotta ask yourself, which is something I had to do. Are you prepared for your mrs to resent/hate you later in life? Does her happiness mean more to you then yours?

I assume she she is somewhat clucky?

No one has any idea what its gunna be like when they have kids thats part of the beauty of it. I dont have them but I definately feel that the positives would outweigh the negatives 10:1.

I cant remember what your first post was, what are your missus thoughts on kids?

[MENTION=10061]Brick[/MENTION]; not having a crack, but you've told some tales of your past playing up etc. Has Fatherhood made you a "better person" you think, more responsible?

That's a plus in my opinion. Having kids makes you reach your potential more, you can't fuck around as much.

The other thing you gotta ask yourself, which is something I had to do. Are you prepared for your mrs to resent/hate you later in life? Does her happiness mean more to you then yours?

I assume she she is somewhat clucky?

Mrs isn't keen at the moment either.

So it's not me against her.