• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Do You Follow A Specific Diet?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
sometimes it feels like there are more diets out there than there are people to follow them. Some diets spring from medical necessity, some from philosophical belief, and some for just trying to shed some weight or achieving other health goals. Do you follow a specific one?

So, tell us what diet do you follow and why?

Do You Follow A Specific Diet?
Yes, the Human diet! It's based on whole foods and nothing that disagrees with me. I try my best not to be perfect, and simply enjoy the pleasurable taste of foods as a whole.

Fadi.

Dont follow a set "diet" per se - but during Monday - Friday I will pretty much eat the samethings week in, week out - Tuna, Chicken, Steak, Protein powder, veggies, nuts - this is 1. because I do like to keep things "clean" during the week but 2. I simply dont have time after work, gym, rugby etc etc to plan meals, good different things - its easy - straight forward and I know I am getting what I need.

During Saturday/through half Sunday I'll eat what I want and then cook a "semi-healthy" meal Sunday night - and then back onto it Monday.

Why I follow this - its easy, keeps things "healthy", I find its a good balance

Same as rugby....mon to fri is fairly standard clean eating. Weekends are mostly healthy as well, just on the odd occasion when out for dinner will have a few beers and maybe desert.

But over the last 8 months have really cleaned up my diet by dropping sugars and crappy foods and got into the best shape of my life.
A lot of info I found on here was helpful as well. Someone suggested my fitness pal which has really helped me dial in on my diet.

I try to keep it balanced, try not to have too much sugar, wheat, alcohol or caffeine.

Im glad im not the only one that strays on weekends, my diet would be a mix of IIFYM and IF mixed into one

flexible dieting for me. Plenty of meat and veg mainly. No food groups excluded except ones that taste like $hit :p

And yeah, I typically skip breakfast as I prefer to have a full stomach when I go to bed.

flexible dieting for me too. lots of lean meats, fish, eggs and veg in there.

I followed a low fodmap diet for about 5 years due to food intolerances but am a bit more relaxed now as i have built up my tolerance again.

i avoid anything with sugar alcohols as they make me really sick.