• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Max's Challenge 2014

steveP

Posting this up as I'm sure plenty of people here could do really well during this year's challenge.

It's basically for people who aren't strangers to the gym, but are cruising along and with no real goals. It's a great motivator to really kick it up a notch and get some great results you've been putting off. It's also a great way to put your money where your mouth is and prove that all your training and nutritional knowledge does work.

I know personally for me it totally changed my view on training and diet. I was kind of half-assing my diet and training a bit, but have since revamped the way I train after being pushed.

Max's Muscle-Up Challenge 2013

Max's promo.
Muscle TV Season 7 | Episode 5 Part 1 - YouTube

Maxine's promo.
Muscle TV Season 7 | Episode 4 Part 1 - YouTube

Last edited:
I'll just take some steroids and enter. Any rule outlawing this?

iHerb Promo code ZSG863
iherb.com

Yeah I'm sure it's looked down upon lol. However there is no testing as far as I'm aware.

I can assure you there's no testing, unlike Body of Life challenge where he tested the top 10.

Done the last 2 years Max Challenge and loved it

Looking to break a big plateau with a renewed focus on this one.

I messaged 17 mates for the 2012 one, only one of them joined and lost 20 kg and retained his muscle on the 12 weeks too.

How did you go doing it the second time, did you find it much easier?

Since doing it last year, heaps of my friends saw my results and are signing up this year.

You can view the training plans on the website once you sign up. It's pretty basic and more suited to beginners. It's pretty much training 3 body parts at a time (legs, back, shoulders), (chest, biceps, triceps) twice a week, then cardio every other day or in the morning. Last year I did my own thing as I'm sure most experienced people in the gym know what they're doing. My training before and during the challenge stayed pretty much the same, I just added in cardio sessions. The biggest factor was definitely your diet and eating clean.

I find the "nutrition" side bullshit, basically flogging their product. I also have the body transformation guide pdf if anyone wants a look at it just ask
EtbO2bR.jpg

R9UgcAn.jpg

I don't have a problem with them pushing their products. The challenge, coaches, forums, prizes, and Muscle TV is all free to us and costs them money. They need to pay for it somehow. I had never used any Max's products prior to the challenge last year. They do cost a bit more than most, but they do feel like another level above most of the products out there.

I find the "nutrition" side bullshit, basically flogging their product. I also have the body transformation guide pdf if anyone wants a look at it just ask

Well it wouldn't really be the MAX's 12 week Challenge if they pushed other peoples products.....

The last 4 years have been a challenge, the 12 week challenge just makes me focus more on the diet/cardios and creates more interest and motivation and try keep the 80kgs I lost off & recomp more.

I did sign up last year, just to see what the nutritional plan and training program are like but you have to attach a photo to complete the registration so I didn't bother.

I did sign up last year, just to see what the nutritional plan and training program are like but you have to attach a photo to complete the registration so I didn't bother.
It is a body transformation challenge, so the before photo is essential for the challenge. Most people are nervous about putting up a photo of them out of shape, but everyone is in the same boat, and it keeps you accountable to make a difference. I was the same last year and just put up the required photo. I wish I took more photos though to compare with when you see results.

Every year I look at the finalists and think "I should do this!" But never do!
What's stopping you this year? If you're already working out, there isn't much extra you need to do other than tighten up your diet.

If I was to enter seriously, do I have to show that I have purchased Max's products?

Reason I ask is because I can't stomach their protein shakes.

I read the FAQ's, if you make the top 50, top 10 or win, you must provide evidence that you have used Max's products for the duration.