• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Max's Challenge 2014

So how did everyone end up? Who managed to complete the challenge?

Here are my official start and finish photos. 82.3kg to 69.6kg.

1011203_851254748238211_1648875103969791515_n.jpg

Last edited:
I thought you were the only one on here doing it?
Solid transformation though mate, well done

I think 1 or 2 other people signed up. Maybe there are a few forum stalkers that don't post much.

Thanks by the way.

great transformation, must be very happy with the way things went. certainly shows all the hard work an dedication paid off.

Good job Steve.
What's the plan now?

Reverse diet for the next 2-3 weeks until I'm back to maintenance which is around 2100 calories. I'll then try to work on some of my weaker muscle groups and build muscle slowly instead of a typical bulk.

That is quite impressive steve. Tell me, did you follow their guidelines to a tee with training and nutrition?

Supplements were 100% spot on.

Nutrition was 90% of what they provided. The only reason I didn't follow it exactly was the portion sizes were a little large for my body size. Plus I'm picky with some foods. Not a fan of fruit so I swapped it out for rice cakes. The overall macros were pretty much spot on though.

Training was my own thing, but was pretty close to what they recommend. I just added in a little extra cardio on weekends and moved weight training days around to suit my availability.

Supplements were 100% spot on.

Nutrition was 90% of what they provided. The only reason I didn't follow it exactly was the portion sizes were a little large for my body size. Plus I'm picky with some foods. Not a fan of fruit so I swapped it out for rice cakes. The overall macros were pretty much spot on though.

Training was my own thing, but was pretty close to what they recommend. I just added in a little extra cardio on weekends and moved weight training days around to suit my availability.

I've got the very basic guidelines of the 2013 challenge details in terms of nutrition and training, is there a way I can find the whole program online somewhere? You have motivated me to give it a go and I don't want to wait until next year's challenge so I might as well make a start and see how I go. If I can achieve half of what you have with my current circumstances, I'll be really happy :)

Last edited:
This and last year's plans are very similar. Nothing of significance has changed. I think all the plans can be downloaded from this link.

Max's Muscle-Up Challenge 2014

Doing the challenge twice, the key is consistency and discipline. Don't have a patchy diet or training regime. Get to every training session. If you miss a day or a cardio session, make up for it later. If you eat something not in your diet plan, dial it out of the next day's meals. It does suck having to eat half your usual breakfast on an already strict diet, but you'll soon learn not to snack or overeat.

Every year people whinge and complain they aren't seeing amazing results within 2-3 weeks. Most of us didn't start seeing a significant change until half way.

This and last year's plans are very similar. Nothing of significance has changed. I think all the plans can be downloaded from this link.

Max's Muscle-Up Challenge 2014

Doing the challenge twice, the key is consistency and discipline. Don't have a patchy diet or training regime. Get to every training session. If you miss a day or a cardio session, make up for it later. If you eat something not in your diet plan, dial it out of the next day's meals. It does suck having to eat half your usual breakfast on an already strict diet, but you'll soon learn not to snack or overeat.

Every year people whinge and complain they aren't seeing amazing results within 2-3 weeks. Most of us didn't start seeing a significant change until half way.

I've been to that link, it gives a very broad overview. Problem is I need a log in to actually get the meal/training plan for the different phases. Any chance you can email the relevant info if I pm you my email?