• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Buff Boys health risk - today tonight

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
And the frightening flip-side to Australian women's obsession with being slim - the men whose pursuit of so-called 'perfection' is putting their health at risk with doctors fearing these brown, beefy boys are putting their lives at risk.

http://www.todaytonightadelaide.com.au/stories/buff-boys-health-risk

It's all about belonging, feeling accepted and respected. The problem arises when your young mind deceives you into believing that respect is commanded through your muscular appearance, as these young boys believe.

Fadi.

Watched the entire thing and not a single medical reason why these people would be at risk of any disease or ailment

Watched the entire thing and not a single medical reason why these people would be at risk of any disease or ailment
you know how it goes
society demands that a person be into debt upto their eyeballs
have a mortgage for a mcmansion that you can't afford
2.5kids
2 cars in the driveway
a speed boat for that once a year water skiing trip
have a 9-8 job that only pays 9-5
be over weight and unfit

and if you don't fit into that mold something must be wrong with you

It's all about belonging, feeling accepted and respected. The problem arises when your young mind deceives you into believing that respect is commanded through your muscular appearance, as these young boys believe.

Fadi.

Spot on.

Tim.

1. How many kids are dieing from training and steroids?

2. They forgot to mention that a large % of these guys train all week but come Friday/Saturday night will be taking recreational drugs and binge drinking - I think this is more of the issue than training.

Training is simply a fashion accessories these days - lets see how many are still training in 10,20,30 years.

I prefer the "news" they do on push up bras. Much more interesting.

Zyzz dadouche died of steroid use? Um. No, I don't think so. But that makes for a better segment, right? "Any of these guys on steroids?" "No". End of story.

you know how it goes
2.5kids
2 cars in the driveway
be over weight and unfit

Spot on.

"Pushing themselves to the limit to stand out from the crowd."

Well, we can't have that, can we. Get into your box, your little boxes on the hillside.

you know how it goes
2.5kids
2 cars in the driveway
be over weight and unfit

This is it

I know a guy who is against the bodybuilding lifestyle

But, seems to think there is no problem with:

30+ beers on a Friday or/and Saturday night
waste most of your pay on beer, smokes and pokies a few hours after getting your pay from work
with 30+ smokes per night
chase it up with a pizza before punch-up at Taxi rank
spend all weekend with low testosterone levels thanks to all the beers
maybe smash some E or Trips also

That's more healthy (apparently)

BAHAHAHAHAHA...hahahahahahaha...hahaha.hehhe....farkin 'aesthetics'...a euphemism for low body fat and fark all muscle combined with a shite attitude! Wank3ers like this just exacerbate the misperceptions that lay-people have of bodybuilders. That's not bodybuilding and I cringe when we all get bundled in together! Bodybuilding is for life, 'aesthetics' is a trend. My inner bodybuilder sheds a tear thinking that people could tar me with the same brush......and think about it.....it could happen to YOU! (cue music) DUH-DUH-DUHHHHHH!!

The take home lesson from that article is (words to live by):

'It's just like a lifestyle man..just..wake up, gym, tan'.......'go home have a shower, chuck your shirt on...it's nice n tight...feels good' - Sasha (like the leader of this gang of body sculptors) and his brother (brah).

The biggest irony of this article is that not one of these kunce has a significantly muscled frame. Tsk tsk tsk. (Sorry if this should be in the rant thread, this kind of crap just really grinds my gears but then again it's about the level of journalism you can expect from Today Tonight)...

you know how it goes
2.5kids
2 cars in the driveway
be over weight and unfit

you forgot the smokes, drink and prescription drugs

So what is a healthy lifestyle if planned exercise and nutrition isn't? I wouldn't know the last time I saw a properly healthy person. Everyone does something in excess.

Fadi, excellent point.

You see this so much in commercial and various gyms here in Australia and I'm certain OS as well.

Bro's who think adding an extra inch to their biceps will snag them a harem of women.

The reality is, most respectable women don't want to date a guy who spends more time preening and posing in the mirror than lavishing his woman with love and affection.

Those two things are not necessarily mutually exclusive.