• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shoulder/Elbow/Hand Injury Relationships

Homemaster

So among my various injuries (lower back, foot) my left arm is playing up and I was wondering if people have good exercises/stretches to do when injured in this way.

Specifically, my front deltoid, tendon on the elbow (when you stick your arm out it's the top bit) and the fleshy part of my left hand (between thumb and pointer) all hurt, especially doing press/bench. In fact when really straining on bench the heel of my left hand (bottom right section of palm when looking at it) hurts A LOT. I checked the tigger points and if that hurts then the related trigger point is indeed the fleshy part of the hand.

I did hurt the tendon of my left arm years ago while learning cross for gymnastics and never got it properly sorted (was young and pain went away). I was told one stretch where you put your hand against the wall at shoulder height, turn it upside down so fingers are pointed to the floor and then tilt your neck away from the wall (good stretch!). Does anyone have any other hints, whether icing the elbow tendon or trigger points for the arms? I'm looking for some exercises that won't overly strain the arm but will still build upper body (to alternate with a leg da). Any help would be appreciated!

Hi buddy.
Arms can be tricky and any pain can simply be referred pain from elsewhere on the limb.
For the front of the shoulders: a good doorway stretch with elbows at 90°. 30 - 45 seconds x 3 times. Utilizing the wall stretch above is also a good one.
Dislocations with a power band off a power bar with a real good wrestle will help free up the shoulder joint