• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

A result of your environment

For the mass market of gymgoers, it's obvious they are a product of their environment. Visit different gyms and observe

For the informed inquisitive people who stalk forums, actively pursue progression aka everyone here, it clearly has less of an influence

Maybe the drive is more intrinsic, but maybe the influence is just absorbed independent of the environment

Last edited:
Lol. Great laundry list.

Powerlifters. Lol. Let's list a sport full of blokes that failed in real sports. It's almost a perfect example of training alone not working.

They have achieved far more than you ever will. Outside of Australia powerlifting is a very real sport and many athletes receive a full wage

More examples include Brian Oldfield, Lance Armstrong, Michael Phelps, Ricky Bruch and a shitload of others, this is just off the top of my head. I'd venture to guess that the vast majority of endurance and field athletes trained alone and there are certainly many examples

For the mass market of gymgoers, it's obvious they are a product of their environment. Visit different gyms and observe

For the informed inquisitive people who stalk forums, actively pursue progression aka everyone here, it clearly has less of an influence

Maybe the drive is more intrinsic, but maybe the influence is just absorbed independent of the environment

As it stands, I don't believe most gym environments are good.

FF are now introducing the new wizz-bang toy "the Matrix"
The looks are priceless.... "wow" that's great!!!"....but thinking to themselves; "what the fuck do i do on it?"

I one corner you've got people rolling around on foam rollers, in the other room, people jumping around like drunk monkeys, in the weight section you mostly see people resting on benches.
now and then some people attempting cross-fit fun.

The treadmills are now mostly empty, probably due to boredom or some lower back or knee injury after spending hours on them everyday.

The gym should be the safest place in the world.

They have achieved far more than you ever will. Outside of Australia powerlifting is a very real sport and many athletes receive a full wage

More examples include Brian Oldfield, Lance Armstrong, Michael Phelps, Ricky Bruch and a shitload of others, this is just off the top of my head. I'd venture to guess that the vast majority of endurance and field athletes trained alone and there are certainly many examples

What have I got to do with it.

You are deluded. Powerliftjng is a sport full dregs from other sports.

Does it hurt I can rep your max deadlift any day of the week when I don't even powerlift or do gear. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Good point. For example I came across this forum while researching for more articles that Markos might have written after reading his PTC Newsletters. Most people would be unaware it even exists if they weren't researching self improvement of some sort.

What have I got to do with it.

You are deluded. Powerliftjng is a sport full dregs from other sports.

Does it hurt I can rep your max deadlift any day of the week when I don't even powerlift or do gear. Lol
Boom!

Last edited by a moderator:
Why the hate for powerlifters? I didn't fail at other sports, i was good at footy, swimming and played junior pennants golf...I just like powerlifting now. I sense jealousy or nothing better to do

Why the hate for powerlifters? I didn't fail at other sports, i was good at footy, swimming and played junior pennants golf...I just like powerlifting now. I sense jealousy or nothing better to do

Jealousy, of what? Lol. Powerlifting is not popular sport. Can't argue with that. Most people have never heard of it.

Probably jealous that "internet people" give more of a shit about what mediocre total they put up then how many goals or scrotums bazza grabbed at footy.

Inside Australia. It's a real sport in most other countries. In most European countries you receive a wage from the government for competing in the IPF and bonuses for winning national and worlds level competitions. I listed examples from weightlifting and track / field anyway but you chose to ignore that. Whatever Bazza.

D1cko and DREADLIFT, ..Would you mind sharing a link with me re some powerlifting masters record in Australia please gentlemen? I googled the subject but went around in circles. Any help would be much appreciated.Thank you both.

Fadi.

Inside Australia. It's a real sport in most other countries. In most European countries you receive a wage from the government for competing in the IPF and bonuses for winning national and worlds level competitions. I listed examples from weightlifting and track / field anyway but you chose to ignore that. Whatever Bazza.

I'll give you some deadlift coaching if you want buddy.

A handful of people get a wage powerlifting in the world. Lol. Big deal. Down to even 4th and 5th division country footy leagues from towns with a couple hundred people have blokes on $1000 a game. Lol.

Thank you for that and please excuse my ignorance when it comes to the sport of powerlifting. I did check the above links, and found the RAW Records in the 82.5kg devision at age 50-54 something I can tackle within a year's training. Are you able to give me any advice on this? Thank you.

82.5 kgMASTERS3 - 50-54yo
squat 140kgD. Madeley15/6/132013 Nats
bench 105kgD. Madeley15/6/132013 Nats
deadlift 177.5kgD. Madeley15/6/132013 Nats
total 415kgD. Madeley15/6/132013 Nats

Fadi.

A handful of people get a wage powerlifting in the world. Lol. Big deal. Down to even 4th and 5th division country footy leagues from towns with a couple hundred people have blokes on $1000 a game. Lol.

There are no guys playing full-time 4th-5th grade footy making $1000 a game - sorry buddy.

Why is powerlifting a sport that only has people that have failed at other sports in it? What a stupid comment.

Thank you for that and please excuse my ignorance when it comes to the sport of powerlifting. I did check the above links, and found the RAW Records in the 82.5kg devision at age 50-54 something I can tackle within a year's training. Are you able to give me any advice on this? Thank you.

82.5 kgMASTERS3 - 50-54yo
squat 140kgD. Madeley15/6/132013 Nats
bench 105kgD. Madeley15/6/132013 Nats
deadlift 177.5kgD. Madeley15/6/132013 Nats
total 415kgD. Madeley15/6/132013 Nats

Fadi.

These numbers are tragic, you can do better than that Fadi

These numbers are tragic, you can dobetter than that Fadi
Thank you Oni, I appreciate it. However, are these the real records? I mean am I understanding these numbers, age of athlete,weight class etc. correctly or am I missing something here Oni? Again, please excuse my total ignorance in the sport of powerlifting mate.

What is meant by the word "RAW"? Is that to mean no knee bandage or wrist bandage whatsoever or do they mean something else by that?

So in your opinion the above records are not really that great? Is it only for that class and age Oni, or are they all not that great in your opinion?

I've done more than these weights before but I was younger then. I looked up to see who is the rep for this organisation here in NSW and found Trent's name. I may have to join, but I'd much rather train myself at home and just rock up to the comp on the day, what do you think Oni? Thanks for your help mate and to all the powerlifters who can give me a word or two of advice regarding this sport.

Fadi.

Last edited: