• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Which WPC is genuinely low sugar?

P

Petkula73

Hi

First time post on here.

I'm after some advice. I'm on a low carb diet and taking two protein shakes a day as meal replacements, with a balanced meal in the evenings.

I've just finished 10kg of WPI/WPC blend from FitBodies Australia and without giving it much thought ordered 10kg of WPI from the same company. Both purchased from eBay.

However, after reading up a bit on various forums I've been a bit shocked to find out that a lot of protein powder is in fact utter garbage. I'm now pretty suspicious that my 10kg of WPI/WPC tasted so nice, and may in fact been milk powder mixed with Milo. The claimed protein content for the WPI is 93% which seems like bull given it's flavoured, so I'm suspecting it'll be milk powered mixed with god knows what.

In the last 14 weeks I've eaten very few carbs, cut out all booze and been exercising yet I don't think I've lost more than 10kg, so something doesn't feel right. My starting weight was an embarrassing 170kg which prompted me in to the change of lifestyle. With limiting the amount of carbs I expected to have lost approaching 20kg at this stage (around 1.5kg per week). If I have been inadvertently having 20g of sugar per serving it would make sense that the weight loss has been slow.

My question - can anyone recommend a protein powered that is actually what it claims to be? I want something that's under 1g of carbs per serving. What's a really reputable brand that isn't trying to rip people off?

Thanks!!

Hi

First time post on here.

I'm after some advice. I'm on a low carb diet and taking two protein shakes a day as meal replacements, with a balanced meal in the evenings.

I've just finished 10kg of WPI/WPC blend from FitBodies Australia and without giving it much thought ordered 10kg of WPI from the same company. Both purchased from eBay.

However, after reading up a bit on various forums I've been a bit shocked to find out that a lot of protein powder is in fact utter garbage. I'm now pretty suspicious that my 10kg of WPI/WPC tasted so nice, and may in fact been milk powder mixed with Milo. The claimed protein content for the WPI is 93% which seems like bull given it's flavoured, so I'm suspecting it'll be milk powered mixed with god knows what.

In the last 14 weeks I've eaten very few carbs, cut out all booze and been exercising yet I don't think I've lost more than 10kg, so something doesn't feel right. My starting weight was an embarrassing 170kg which prompted me in to the change of lifestyle. With limiting the amount of carbs I expected to have lost approaching 20kg at this stage (around 1.5kg per week). If I have been inadvertently having 20g of sugar per serving it would make sense that the weight loss has been slow.

My question - can anyone recommend a protein powered that is actually what it claims to be? I want something that's under 1g of carbs per serving. What's a really reputable brand that isn't trying to rip people off?

Thanks!!
I'd be very weary ordering from that particular conmpany off e-bay. It may not be protein powder or cut with a cheap filler.
Ask them for an indepednat lab analysis or send a Sample to be tested.

Yep. I'll put it down to experience.

Went to local supplements shop this afternoon and now picked up something reputable (Nitro Peak). Slightly higher carbs than I wanted, but better blend of proteins. Tastes like crap, which is a good sign in my opinion. When it's delicious (like the previous lot) it's not proper protein!

You can have your cake and eat it too. There are good tasting protein powders out there that are actually protein

Have a taste of BSN Syntha6, Musclepharm Combat or even the True Protein stuff is good.

You can have your cake and eat it too. There are good tasting protein powders out there that are actually protein

Have a taste of BSN Syntha6, Musclepharm Combat or even the True Protein stuff is good.
Yeah that. True Protein is good stuff.

Yep, will do. The Nitro Peak was $70 for 2KG so not expensive. Will get 2KG of something else (maybe True Protein) and alternate between the two. I've had GNC stuff in the past which I quite liked, but it was pretty dear, even when bought in the US.

Hi

First time post on here.

Thanks!!

Ouch. We'll cut to the chase - Fitbodies have returned numerous failed lab test results for underdosed protein.
The lab tests were not performed by us, they were done by their own customers.
Customers of theirs have been refunded so the company acknowledges the problem.

We offer free lab testing where you only have to obtain a form from us to fill out. Slip the form in to a mail box along with a sample serve of your protein powder in question and the lab will email you the results when they're in.

The bill for the testing gets charged to us, not you.

Very recent testing done by their customers with Best Before stickers on the bags of 3/2015 are still returning results in the range of 40% with a claimed 92.7%.

You're welcome to take us up on our free lab test offer.
The powder does not get sent to us, you are the only one that handles the powder to the lab.

We only pay for your lab test.

Email: proteintest@bulknutrients.com.au

Last edited:
Yep 10kg is a lot of milk powder, send it for testing and see what you have, then post it here.

It might be good, but chances are..

Bulk nutrients have quality protein powder, get a sample and try it, some people like others not so keen, taste is a personal thing.

True protein chocolate is like heaven, best chocolate protein ever, but no idea how it tests up yet, not sure if tests have been done on it.

I will never again order a protein without getting samples first.