• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Are bulking and cutting necessary?

is that a youtube of the T Nation article?

I was surprised that it didn't have a plug for any of their garbage supplements tbh. Not a fan of that Christian Thibideaux guy's articles

To a degree I believe from a bodybuilding point of view to put on size - you do need to "bulk" not to crazy extremes but of course you need to be eating over the normal amount of cals which will normally intail gaining some fat, but will help of course to gain more muscle.

I have always found bulking alot harder than cutting - considering I gain weight so easy - cutting has always been alot easier for myself - and there for have only ever really done a handful of "real" bulks - this was done in my earlier years of training and I really think it helped lay a good foundation for what I have today.

At the moment I'm trying the traditional bulking-cutting blueprint that many use. 5 months of bulking, a month of maintenance and then 3 months of cutting. Once I'm back down to a more natural weight, I'll try a "slow bulk"/maintenance plan. No doubt it'll have slower results, but at least you won't look like a fat kunce.

Nah, not neccessary, I've havent cut in years and looking at me you'd never know. :rolleyes:
Just figure to get so big that where will not be enough room under the skin for fat to fit. ;)

After this thread I am wanting to do a bulk after rugby season - I know my bulk will just turn into eating maccas everyday though lol....

No, not necessary. You see people do it.

But for the average dickhead, slow bulk, slow cut.

Slow and steady wins the race
100% agree. One can get a magnificent and healthy sun tan without getting fried, by exposing his skin for a short period of time on a daily basis, instead of going all out for hours in order to speed things up and end up with peeled skin later on.

So yes, even without an increase in the macronutrients, one can still add muscle mass over time with minimum amount of fat. This can be achieved when one reduces or eliminate his extra-curricular activities (outside of bodybuilding) altogether. When the contest approaches, one can then introduce those extra activities to reduce the amount of fat rather than reduce the amount of overall calories and lose energy in the process.

Fadi.