• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Challenge Thread

All good mate. As I'm sitting here with a dead arm from cortisone shot and unable to squat or deadlift. They are put on hold :)

[MENTION=9014]KungFooGoo[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=14860]Mackie[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=9189]canned tuna[/MENTION] ;
I have been pretty slack looking over training diaries, just having a quick look now.
How have you guys been going/feeling so far in regards to your goals?

[MENTION=9014]KungFooGoo[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=14860]Mackie[/MENTION] ; [MENTION=9189]canned tuna[/MENTION] ;
I have been pretty slack looking over training diaries, just having a quick look now.
How have you guys been going/feeling so far in regards to your goals?
Good day shop keep,
Ill hit my bench and deadlift goal in 9-10 weeks and my squat in late november I think if all goes well. My ohp probably wont get there as im training the big 3 more in favour of training the 3 plus ohp. Im interested to see how I go with the program ive been put on at the gym verses how I was going on d1ckos program which I was smashing.

Hows your training going?

Good day shop keep,
Ill hit my bench and deadlift goal in 9-10 weeks and my squat in late november I think if all goes well. My ohp probably wont get there as im training the big 3 more in favour of training the 3 plus ohp. Im interested to see how I go with the program ive been put on at the gym verses how I was going on d1ckos program which I was smashing.

Hows your training going?

Not too bad. As I really just took a stab at some numbers, I have no idea if they were realistically achievable.
I feel I should hit the dead easy so should probably up that as was suggested before. Will give it a crack when over in Sydney in October for sure.
Squats will be interesting to see how that goes. I have still been adjusting things like my grip etc and think I may have found something a bit better than where I have been placing my hands. Will be giving it another shot tonight and know better if it suits me or not.
Bench, I am fairly disappointed in honestly, seem to struggle with it around the same weight each time, even after dropping and working my way back up. Not 100% what the issue is with it.
OHP seems achievable, am at my highest working weight at the moment with it and haven't got completely stuck yet even though some are grinder reps

Hi umm Im extremely unlikely to win my weight class as the guys above me have much superior numbers so to put that as a goal isn't realistic.
Im more treating it as a learning experience.To watch and hopefully chat to good lifters.

Hi umm Im extremely unlikely to win my weight class as the guys above me have much superior numbers so to put that as a goal isn't realistic.
Im more treating it as a learning experience.To watch and hopefully chat to good lifters.

Mate it's not necessarily about winning your weight class, put some numbers up YOU'd Like to chase and work towards them - everyone in this thread is encouraging each other to do well and achieve their individual set goals :D

Also in relation to your question [MENTION=16378]StrungOut[/MENTION]; I have a 12 week block of training in preparation for the next comp so no testing 1RM's until comp day. Should hit goals comp day, if not a week or two after 1 lift each day..

Also in relation to your question @StrungOut ; I have a 12 week block of training in preparation for the next comp so no testing 1RM's until comp day. Should hit goals comp day, if not a week or two after 1 lift each day..

Is that 115 bench paused by the way? If so, fuck you. l'm benching more or less twice a week now as well trying to bring it up to some sort of norm before swapping over to squatting at least twice a week to bring that up. Slowly KFG will close in... Slowly...

Is that 115 bench paused by the way? If so, fuck you. l'm benching more or less twice a week now as well trying to bring it up to some sort of norm before swapping over to squatting at least twice a week to bring that up. Slowly KFG will close in... Slowly...

Negative my good man, 115kg was TnG, the most I've done paused was 105kg. I'm Squatting/Benching/Deadlifting & OHP-ing twice a week now also but doing different variations (except for OHP) of each lift on each day... Increasing cals due to volume also.

Negative my good man, 115kg was TnG, the most I've done paused was 105kg. I'm Squatting/Benching/Deadlifting & OHP-ing twice a week now also but doing different variations (except for OHP) of each lift on each day... Increasing cals due to volume also.

Sounds like l need to get my shit together and step it up some.... Might see lf l can do some squats on Thursday after l've done all my bench crap so long as that doesn't molest my deadlift work out the next day.... Are you trying to reach any certain body weight or just stick some weight on? KFG is currently putting on maybe .5 kg every 3-4 weeks at present, need to lift the calories again but it turns out l despise eating at times. Sounds like you're killing it though training wise, no wonder you're hitting random pb's every other day.

You'll be fine mate just keep on doing what your doing - keep the calories coming, stay consistent and you'll be fine. Maybe grow a beard, that's good for 5kg on any lift :p add an AusBB shirt for another 5kg on that same lift ;)

Not really trying to reach any certain bodyweight currently... My long term goal is 75kg at 10-12% BF and just maintain that and be as strong as possible whilst doing it.... Given my ectomorph genetics as a natural I'm never going to be "Massive" but I wouldn't mind looking like i'm capable of lifting the weights that I can :D

Training is going well, I'm genuinely very excited for this program though so that always helps. I too sometimes CBF eating but I know it needs to be done so I just do it....

l think training at this gym is going to do wonders for my consistency, l feel like training again. l can't grow a beard so that's out and if l tried it only grows on 1 side of my face and makes me look like l should have my own season on 'to catch a predator' so that could take a couple of kg's off my lifts.

What are you weighing at the moment? You wouldn't be far off the body weight would you?

Can't wait to see what you hit at your next comp.

LOL maybe give the beard a miss then :p

I just jumped on the scales then, fully clothed, shoes on and i'm 73.7kg but I'm not that BF% I'd guess around 14-15%

Yeah I'm looking forward to that too, should be some new PB's coming my way if all goes to plan...

Good frequency [MENTION=14860]Mackie[/MENTION];
Same here really.

Squat bench bench.
Deadlift bench squat.
Squat bench overhead.
Deadlift bench deadlift.

Great fun!

LOL maybe give the beard a miss then :p

I just jumped on the scales then, fully clothed, shoes on and i'm 73.7kg but I'm not that BF% I'd guess around 14-15%

Yeah I'm looking forward to that too, should be some new PB's coming my way if all goes to plan...

That feel when my LBM is heavier than your whole body haha.

Even if it was fairly shit but not completely disgusting, managed a 140kg squat last night. So 150 is well more than achievable and I really need to up that I think