• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Challenge Thread

Haven't really re-looked at my goals since my hip niggles a month or so ago, but I reckon I can deadlift 300kg by the end of the year. Maybe squat 220, bench 140.

Will be attempting to start squatting and deadlifting again, would like to total 700 by the end of the year.

Not sure about my squat and deadlift numbers for not having done them in so long.

But 227.5kg/500lb Bench by the end of the year is my goal.

Great thread idea guys. My original goals for this year were 230/110/260 at 82.5. Injury has changed that though. Now have to have much higher rep goals instead (except for bench).

[MENTION=9014]KungFooGoo[/MENTION]; can you please add a 2.5 x BW deadlift to my goals. Regardless of BW I'd like to deadlift 2.5 x whatever that is at the time, by the time the year is out...

Got the deadlift.

Please update to 235 as the next goal for the october comp please.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Just a quick question re: rules for that one.

With the benching can you do it on your toes or do you have to be flat footed?

Just a quick question re: rules for that one.

With the benching can you do it on your toes or do you have to be flat footed?

Yeah gpc is different.
Feet on floor...thats any part of the feet. So toes yes. And your head can move too.
Just have to keep your arse down as usual. Everything else is the same. IE you cant move your feet once the rep has begun etc.
Squats and deads the same. Except squatting using the mono...so no walk out. But you can adjust your feet once you take the weight...

Goals for year end, if I can get in more than 2 months consecutive training;

Squat raw no wraps: 220 (maybe using a belt, so not really raw).
Bench raw: 180
Power Clean: 130
Deadlift: 260-ish (plus or minus 20kg)

Belt is raw. Find a federation where it isnt!!! :p

Setting my goals a little higher. Fire burns strong.
250 deadlift please. In october.

250 dead at @93 at the masters in august.I'd like to win my class but that would depend on a few guys preferring to do their hair that day.
judging from results of last yr,i would be in with a chance but last yrs winner has put on heaps on his squat and bench so im likely to get smashed.
Im realistic about whatI can do and I'm just happy to be competing.

Last edited:
I do agree. Raw is Raw. Im training this was for a good while until I get closer to then next comp. Then im adding everything that the comp will allow!