• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What piece of gym equipment do you find annoying?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Just something in the gym that you think could be designed better, something you use but wish you didn't have to, or something that just exists and wish it didn't.

A lat pulldown you can actually get a full stretch on.

That would be a good thing IMO. My lat pull down gets a full stretch easily and there is no way I would want to redesign it.

Smith machine.. what a bloody waste of space that is!

I like my smith machine, great when training by yourself and doing high rep pump sets till you are about to die, use it mainly for incline bench though, got it cheap though otherwise I would not bother with it.

Most PecDec machines I have used are just wrong, and don't work.

Do them standing
When you figure the motion out, pulling up to the chest you'll never do them sitting down again!

I cant get a decent stretch because im too tall and my arms are too long from a seated position. Standing up will only shorten the range.

A fixed bar smith machine. If I had my way, it won't be allowed in any gym.

My reason? It's due to the locked path of the bar, which was designed to create the feeling of safety and security, but instead, ends up giving you what in my opinion is a false sense of safety, and a greater potential for injury creation rather than prevention.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Smith machine.. what a bloody waste of space that is!

A fixed bar smith machine. If I had my way, it won't be allowed in any gym.

My reason? It's due to the locked path of the bar, which was designed to create the feeling of safety and security, but instead, ends up giving you what in my opinion is a false sense of safety, and a greater potential for injury creation rather than prevention.

Completely agree.

Those retarded leg machines where chicks sit in stirrups and squeeze their legs together. Just get a bar and squat.

Olympic dumbell handles. They are completely useless. One day I will use them for something else but at the moment they just sit there and taunt me.

I love my Olympic dumbell handles...I can fit 50kg with just the 5's on it.
The most useless for me is definitely the smith machine but it's actually great because it keeps people out of the squat rack :)