• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Growth Methods?

The fundamental principle of lifting weights is progressive overload and adding weight to the bar is but one way of progressing.
Progressive overload for example may also include the following....

Increase the weight being lifted
Increase the number of reps a weight is being lifted for
Increase the number of sets you are lifting a weight for
Reduce your rests between sets
Increase your rests between sets
Increase the difficulty of the exercise being performed
Increae the rep cadence

And a few others for the more advanced lifter.
All these things can come into play, especially if you've been lifting for a while, lets face it we can't go adding weight to the bar forever so we have to be a bit smarter and sneakier.

Last edited:
Fadi, you noted that there are other ways to stimulate growth, I'm interested to know what you think they are;

whether that be, adding rep's, rep cadence (speed), negative accentuated?

i sense you are a little paranoid?
Not paranoid, just surprised with your questions Andy, that's all really. My reply was to someone saying that they would have to increase the weight on a bar to make progress. My reply was no, that is part of the story, but not the complete story.

Yes you're right, adding reps, set, or both,. Decreasing the time it takes to lift the same amount of weight, eliminating the momentum (which I know you consider being a norm to begin with), adding an extra day to your training, statics and possibly more...

The name of the game here (as I’m sure you know well), is to use the gradual progressive overload principle, and to vary what you’re doing from time to time.

Fadi.

Last edited:
Why such a question from an experienced lifter such as yourself Andy?! In any case, I've already done so in my original answer.

You added it after I asked you lol.

you then added this, "In any case, I've already done so in my original answer."

crazy

No, I just asked a question, and I received a question "why am I asking?"
It's because I did not expect such a knowledgeable lifter such as yourself to be asking such a question Sir. I apologise if you thought I was being rude to you Andy, I would never wanna be rude to you Sir...you're older than me , and I always respect people who are older and more experienced in life than I.

Fadi.

OK thats very good to know. I agree with Darkoz where you can't keep adding weights forever so might try some new things and see how I go.

Everyones help is much appreciated.

Lol old [MENTION=3627]Silverback[/MENTION]; got out riddled! What's a matter mate, it make you sad that there are other people capable of giving cryptic answers

OK thats very good to know. I agree with Darkoz where you can't keep adding weights forever so might try some new things and see how I go.

Everyones help is much appreciated.

Most people will never get to the point where they can't get add weight to the bar so it's pointless worrying about it

This is fucking ridiculous.

its a discussion, do you all hang off every word I type?

think for yourselves, try things, this is a forum to talk about methods that work for you, this is too creepy.

wow how edgy and naive of you Darkoz! That's right up there with Plato, Aristotle and John 3:16. Put that on a fuckin t-shirt for me