• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
It was probably pre existing but I'm sure taking over a gram a week didn't help.

I miss him. We trained at Dohertys CBD and every time I go there now I think of him. First mate I've ever watched being buried.

It was probably pre existing but I'm sure taking over a gram a week didn't help.

I miss him. We trained at Dohertys CBD and every time I go there now I think of him. First mate I've ever watched being buried.

Sorry to hear that fella.

A good friend of mine passed away recently. He was 33. Had a wife and and 2 year old. He was taking a lot of stuff. At one point he was taking 1 - 1.5 grams of test per week, along with tren and deca. He would 'cruise' at 300-500 grams per week. I couldn't believe it when he told me. He was also taking large amounts of Valium and antidepressants. His marriage was breaking down. He had been having an affair with another woman for over 3 years (I believe his wife knew).

Now I'm filled with regret I did nothing to stop it.

He actually died from myocardial infarcation: basically he had a blockage in a major artery to his heart that was stopping the blood from returning to his heart.

I spoke to his wife last week and she wants to meet for a coffee to discuss his 'drug abuse'. This won't be easy. I knew what he was taking all along.

Initially he was secretive about it.
He his the compounds and the barrels etc. Towards the end it was all on display in his kitchen. In full view for his wife and kid to see.

So so sad. I'm cut up about it.

Blockages in in hearts aren't steroid related.
thats like saying I died of aids and I've drank beer all my life

Sad to here, that said the number of deaths ive heard that are youngish and take steriods is scary compared to those that are young and dont take them.
All only what ive seen

Sad to here, that said the number of deaths ive heard that are youngish and take steriods is scary compared to those that are young and dont take them.
All only what ive seen
I bet that guy drank water too. Every funeral I went to the past year, the person drank water

The whole debate over whether or not steroids are a direct cause of death is pointless. I'll be the first to admit my friend was on a lot of medocAtions (some prescribed,
Some not) but here's the thing (and I can speak from personal experience here too): changes in ones mood and personality are a real consequence as a result of these drugs. Feeling great when 'on' and then potentially becoming depressed and withdrawn when 'off' and that is potentially when the abuse of other drugs commence. Now, everyone is different and some bounce back with no (or few) issues whatsoever. But what about those who don't? I used to think AAS were more psychologically addictive than physical but now I'm not certain. I certainly don't blame AAS for my friends death, but were they a contributing factor: no question. If you have an addictive personality in general then it's going to make coming off a lot harder in the first place.

Last edited:
its very psychological, and physical.
have you forgotten Bigger Stronger Faster already?!

What wingman is saying (albeit sarcastically) is that there is no direct correlation between death and steroid use/abuse. And he is right

I've got mates who have just started doing there first cycles....and they are in their 40's. Hope they have no problems.

There is a difference between using and abusing - I agree that Steroid use doesn't have a DIRECT link to these health issues but if you are abusing drugs (not just steroids) then yes they potentially they could hurt/make the issues bigger...

I personally believe when you get to your late 40's/50's from then on steroid use could help with health issues, prolong quality of life etc....

There is a difference between using and abusing - I agree that Steroid use doesn't have a DIRECT link to these health issues but if you are abusing drugs (not just steroids) then yes they potentially they could hurt/make the issues bigger...

I personally believe when you get to your late 40's/50's from then on steroid use could help with health issues, prolong quality of life etc....

They lead a clean lifestyle, no drinking and are pretty sensible. From memory he was running test only and all the ancillaries that go with it.

Seems like a very pointless way of looking at it.

I don't use so have no interest either way, just using simple logic.

1. Abusing anti depressants
2. Using steroids
3. Died of anti depressant related causes
4. Omg steroids are evil !

That's incorrect. He died As a result of myocardial infarcation. Basically, a blockage in an artery that was preventing blood from travelling back to his heart. Went undiagnosed. Obviously. And it wasn't antidepressants that were being abused but benzo's (and AAS)

That's incorrect. He died As a result of myocardial infarcation. Basically, a blockage in an artery that was preventing blood from travelling back to his heart. Went undiagnosed. Obviously. And it wasn't antidepressants that were being abused but benzo's (and AAS)

Im sorry to hear about your friend, mate, but that further proves my point. You can swap 1 & 3 above for anything. In all the searches I've done on steroid side effects, nearly all of them are caused by either additional substance abuse or user error