• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I guess why do some people on this forum have such a hatered toward people on PED's? I have never seen anything like it on a bodybuilding forum before - fairly strange considering the industry/sport we are involved in....
There's no hatred towards the people Joel, I don't think anyone here has expressed that.
What would be good though is to cut the BS, be upfront about it that's all, with no ridiculous excuses like "I'm only using for quality of life"
If a young man in his early 20s really thinks he needs to take Test. for "quality of life" then he must've been born in the shallowest end of the gene pool.

There's no hatred towards the people Joel, I don't think anyone here has expressed that.
What would be good though is to cut the BS, be upfront about it that's all, with no ridiculous excuses like "I'm only using for quality of life"
If a young man in his early 20s really thinks he needs to take Test. for "quality of life" then he must've been born in the shallowest end of the gene pool.

This.

I don't hate people on PEDs but I do find it amusing when you see roiders who couldn't achieve the basics naturally in the prime of their life give out advise to natural lifters like they are experts.

Then you hear the excuses and lies like TRT, quality of life, it's all me bro as if they say it enough they will eventually believe it themselves.

I guess when I have heard such comments as Jay Cutler is no different to someone addicted to Meth then you can see where my though process has come from when thinking of different people on the forum.

I do get the whole underplaying steroid use - but there are also alot overplaying it aswell....

I guess when I have heard such comments as Jay Cutler is no different to someone addicted to Meth then you can see where my though process has come from when thinking of different people on the forum.

I do get the whole underplaying steroid use - but there are also alot overplaying it aswell....

Well then there is the glorifying being addicted to drugs as being ok because they are a bodybuilder. Lol.

Buying illegal drugs from the dodgy bloke on the corner is bad if its meth but ok if its roids?

One thing that I don't like is, if naïve people aren't aware that top BBs are juicing and supp companies use this to sell some worthless supplement. Saying if you buy these supps you'll look like Ronnie. Or someone cheating in a natty comp, it's unfair on the true natties.

I guess my philosophy is "do what you like just don't harm others in the process". Something along those lines.

Well then there is the glorifying being addicted to drugs as being ok because they are a bodybuilder. Lol.

Buying illegal drugs from the dodgy bloke on the corner is bad if its meth but ok if its roids?

I understand what your saying but you are generalizing to the highest degree - I guess you could say then if you drink alcohol then your an alcoholic?

As I said I understand what your saying but its a very narrow minded approach to simply bucket people - to be so generzlizing in your judgement of people in fairly surprising.

What about Arnie? They are using his pic from the 70's on a supp range. Yeah he took this supp in the 70's. . Lol

What about Arnie? They are using his pic from the 70's on a supp range. Yeah he took this supp in the 70's. . Lol

lol....it hooks people in - bodybuilding marketing is a magical thing - even people with huge amounts of knowledge seem to get hooked.

Arnie is no different to a meth-head though so its surprising people get so hooked....haha

I understand what your saying but you are generalizing to the highest degree - I guess you could say then if you drink alcohol then your an alcoholic?

As I said I understand what your saying but its a very narrow minded approach to simply bucket people - to be so generzlizing in your judgement of people in fairly surprising.

I'm generalizing and so are you.

Back to the alcohol argument. The faithful fall back for the roid boys to try and justify it when they don't have a proper argument.

In any case there is a clear difference in between legally buying alcohol and having a few drinks a couple times a month to illegally using steroids for many months to years continuously.

I'm generalizing and so are you.

Back to the alcohol argument. The faithful fall back for the roid boys to try and justify it when they don't have a proper argument.

In any case there is a clear difference in between legally buying alcohol and having a few drinks a couple times a month to illegally using steroids for many months to years continuously.

What am I generalizing?

Roid boy? I have never taken steroids?

What am I generalizing?

Roid boy? I have never taken steroids?

The alcohol argument. Saying people here hate people that do roids. Lol.

I use the term roid boys for the roid users and roid sympathizers. Didn't you do pro hormones. Lol.

The alcohol argument. Saying people here hate people that do roids. Lol.

I use the term roid boys for the roid users and roid sympathizers. Didn't you do pro hormones. Lol.

I didnt bring up an alcohol argument? I simply was saying something that by your train of thought would make sense - again read what I said.

I said some people here seem to have a hatered towards steroid use - which is true I believe.

Yes I have done 2-3 cycles of light prohormones years ago - I wouldnt consider this as "steroid use"

I guess why do some people on this forum have such a hatered toward people on PED's? I have never seen anything like it on a bodybuilding forum before - fairly strange considering the industry/sport we are involved in....

i don't think i have seen any hatred towards PEDS users on this forum
also keep in mind that PEDS are only a subculture of the industry/sport , PEDs aren't what the industry/sport is about

What about "drug users" who admit to using drugs or its openly known they do use? I.e You don't respect the work of someone like Jay Cutler simply because he picked a different path than yourself?

No, it's not about this for me at all, and it is not about a path.

its about paying ones dues, building strength using just hard yakka.

going professional is about relying on your chosen sport as a full time occupation, you get to that point with raw talent.
my opinion is, that when you get to that point, use the drugs to achieve a higher level if you want, as it's all about the $ and the pressure is on.
thats just my opinion ands it is pie-eyed.

Throughout history all sorts of people across many arts have experimented with illegal drugs to enhance their creative abilities.

it is amazing how drugs have had such an impact on sport, which is just one of the many arts.

The thing I don't like about drugs and sport is when it partly ends up being the bloke who is willing to take the most drugs or had the best chemist wins.

The thing I don't like about drugs and sport is when it partly ends up being the bloke who is willing to take the most drugs or had the best chemist wins.

It's a problem.
Being illegal is the other, but perhaps make it legal for professionals a free for all so to speak, the best still win?

At the end of the day raw skill and genetics will win, the top 1% will still be the top 1%.

being illegal! one really needs to be careful what they say or write in public.

Passing a test and drug free are not one and the same, it's so obvious that I am embarrassed having to point it out.
You're 100% correct EL DARKO. I've said it before, that there are two types of information outlet (with everything), but here we're concerned with the performance of elite athletes (and/or their horses!). One type of information is given out for the general public consumption, whilst the other is kept private and guarded.

Politics, and sport politics between countries etc, (try the 1988 Olympic games for example between the then giant Soviet Union and the small European countryof Bulgaria [the giant killer in the world of Olympic weightlifting]), and what transpired regarding steroid taking with the Bulgarian weightlifting team.

Take home message: just because an athlete has tested negative to a doping test, does not mean that he or she is clean. But, it's enough for what the general public needs to know and be content with.

Fadi.

Last edited: