• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
That said, it sure beats staying at home on the piss, watching telly or playing the xbox. I'm certain the joints won't like that over time, either. Probably worse.

a lack of activity makes my knees dicky. The body needs a level of exercise to stay hardened, but not too much I feels.

a lack of activity makes my knees dicky. The body needs a level of exercise to stay hardened, but not too much I feels.

True that.. Before I started training I could not even body squat down below parallel as my knees didn't bend that far and it was excruciatingly painful. My back was always sore so I had to see a chiro every 2 weeks. Now all my joints move with ease, with the odd pain and ache here and there which is expected from moving weights around. If I trained smolov method or did lolcrossfit then maybe I'd have joint problems further down the track.. A gym novice like me training 4 days a week an hour each time? Not so much. As long as we stay active, work on our mobility, eat and sleep right, all is hunky dory I reckon.

where did you get that from?

My opinion is;
A beginner needs to pay his dues and spend time in the higher rep world building muscle and tendon strength and getting good at the three moves.

starting off doing 10's, 15's and 20's

then over time reducing the rep scheme to 5's, 3's before focusing on 1's

I was jocking old mate

I agree with your other statement (though why would a beginner be doing sets of 3 or 1 in any program?)

I was jocking old mate

I agree with your other statement (though why would a beginner be doing sets of 3 or 1 in any program?)

It's easier to refine technique and the novice often has poor coordination.
The people I train IRL I have them doing lots and lots of sets of 3, then they finish with an exercise they can do for high reps with good form like leg press, hack squats, kettlebell squats etc to built the muscle

I was under the impression that you weren't a particularly experienced lifter yourself.

I've done 9 meets, medalled in 6 of them, have done a +400 wilks wrapless and beltless and a +430 wilks with belt and wraps which is better than the vast majority of people. I've deadlifted more than anyone else in my weight class has beltless and hold 3 CAPO national records and have broken 2 GPA international records and if I had competed in the GPC nationals this year would have won silver in my weight class with the total I put up 7 days prior. I've gained close to 20kg of LBM since I first started. The people I've worked with both online and person to person have an average 6% increase on each lift over 10 weeks (16% on total)

Trust me, I'm perfectly capable of training people

Are you certified?

It's a good question, i think the certifications that are offered here are total crock of shit, and not worth the money.

however I do think that if someone goes into the business of training people, the best thing to do is a degree of some sort.

I've done 9 meets, medalled in 6 of them, have done a +400 wilks wrapless and beltless and a +430 wilks with belt and wraps which is better than the vast majority of people. I've deadlifted more than anyone else in my weight class has beltless and hold 3 CAPO national records and have broken 2 GPA international records and if I had competed in the GPC nationals this year would have won silver in my weight class with the total I put up 7 days prior. I've gained close to 20kg of LBM since I first started. The people I've worked with both online and person to person have an average 6% increase on each lift over 10 weeks (16% on total)

Trust me, I'm perfectly capable of training people

Yes, but what would you do in PA without drugs?

I was under the impression that you weren't a particularly experienced lifter yourself.

Its funny. Oni couldn't gain any strength or weight from his own program for years until he jumped on the gear. Now he is an expert because of gear gains.

Wow he medaled in powerlifting. A sport which no one competes in and competing in manlet weight classes.

Oni is a good lifter in non-tested feds, and maybe one day he will close the gap between the best lifters and himself.

But in PA, he would probably be just one of many off the pace.

I was jocking old mate

A coach, trainer or beginner would be stupid to try to produce maximum force in low rep's.
if the neophyte was keen to compete, then single rep* training * is a must, but only when the trainee is strong and skilled enough to handle single rep's, how long that takes depends on the one being trained.

if I was training a young dude to powerlift, he'd need to be and look strong first! and that's not just big biceps and boobs.
he'd need to look big and strong from all angles, big round back and strong hips and legs.

A coach, trainer or beginner would be stupid to try to produce maximum force in low rep's.
if the neophyte was keen to compete, then single rep* training * is a must, but only when the trainee is strong and skilled enough to handle single rep's, how long that takes depends on the one being trained.

if I was training a young dude to powerlift, he'd need to be and look strong first! and that's not just big biceps and boobs.
he'd need to look big and strong from all angles, big round back and strong hips and legs.

Girls are really good at maxing out on deadlifts for some reason! At Fuzzy's most of the novice women do Smolov Jr over 2 days a week (4 workouts, 6x6x70%, 7x5x75%, 8x4x80%, 10x3x85% then add 2.5kg to everything the next cycle) for the bench press, lots of triples and fives for squats and the same for deadlifts. Then lots of 5x5 with other exercises like high bar paused squats and deadlifts standing on a plate. Don't really get many rank novice men so they usually start off with lots of sets of 12 then progress to 10s, 8s, 5s, 3s then singles

Do you accept money?

Off many of them yeah, I'm not a charity. Many of the people I work with online is free though, it's more for building a portfolio and I feel like a dickhead charging for something as simple as a program. I'll give programs out for free... it means nothing. Teaching people to apply effort though takes time and energy, that is the true value of the coach