• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Culture for Yoghurtmaking

Jungnaut

YOLO Kunce
I am here making my own yoghurt because I eat tonnes of it, the quality of self made product is amazing, and I save heaps of dosh in doing so. Last night I successfully used existing yoghurt (farmers union btw, they rock ass) as my starter culture but now I want to give starter culture a try. For those of you that do this, can you suggest where I get GOOD culture from? Because I heard if its crap, half the bacteria arrives at your doorstep dead so wtf it's a waste of time (and money too considering how much it costs in the first place). Please advise? Much appreciated.

I am here making my own yoghurt because I eat tonnes of it, the quality of self made product is amazing, and I save heaps of dosh in doing so. Last night I successfully used existing yoghurt (farmers union btw, they rock ass) as my starter culture but now I want to give starter culture a try. For those of you that do this, can you suggest where I get GOOD culture from? Because I heard if its crap, half the bacteria arrives at your doorstep dead so wtf it's a waste of time (and money too considering how much it costs in the first place). Please advise? Much appreciated.
It's much better to use the live bacteria in front of you in the yogurt, rather than what may or may not be alive in a powder form. I'd recommend using a tablespoon from Bornhoffen (in addition to whatever you prefer).

064711.jpg
The above brand has these as its culture: S. Thermophilus & L. Bulgaricus. The latter is a powerful survivor. It has the ability to survive transit through the gastrointestinal tract, and the ability to reach the distal tract in a viable form. I was brought up on Bulgarian yogurt, one of the most tangy and yummy! Create your own...

Fadi.

Last edited: