• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Eliminate dairy food to beat cancer

Headley

BigRed Kunce
http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/go-dairyfree-to-beat-cancer-says-leading-scientist-jane-plant/story-fneuz9ev-1226940865100

A LEADING scientist who has been fighting breast cancer for more than two decades says the disease is inextricably linked to animal products. Jane Plant, who was first diagnosed with breast cancer in 1987, nearly lost all hope when the disease struck her for a fifth time in 1993.
“I was first diagnosed with breast cancer when I was 42,” the British geochemistry professor wrote on her website. “I thought I’d beaten it, but five years later it returned with a vengeance.
“I carried on fighting, but when it recurred for the fifth time I asked my doctor to end my life for me there and then — I didn’t see how I could go on battling a disease that seemed hellbent on finishing me off.
“But as I wept I heard my little boy, then just six years old, crying out for me in another room. I knew then I could never again allow myself to feel as though it was an option to leave him.”
Prof Plant, now 69, began to draw on her experiences working in China, where women have historically shown very low rates of breast cancer. One study from the 1970s showed the disease affected one in 100,000 Chinese women, compared with one in 12 in the West.

865046-1fefe554-ea69-11e3-bb45-046f3d36ad52.jpg

Prof Plant says dairy products should be totally eliminated from any diet. Source: Supplied

“I had checked this information with senior academics,” Prof Plant told the UK Telegraph . “Chinese doctors I knew told me they had hardly seen a case of breast cancer in years. Yet if Chinese women are on Western diets — if they go to live in the US or Australia, for example — within one generation they got the same rate.”
Prof Plant’s light bulb moment came when her husband, Peter, recalled that his Chinese colleagues would give him powdered milk because they did not drink it themselves.
The mother of two, who had already cut down on animal protein such as meat, fish and eggs, immediately switched to a dairy-free diet while undergoing chemotherapy.
Within 12 months she was in remission, and she lived cancer-free for another 18 years — convinced that her diet helped.
Professor Plant first published her story in the best-selling book Your Life in York Hands, which many cancer patients claimed helped them to recover.
But three years ago, under the stress of writing an academic book, she became lax about her diet and her cancer returned.

865072-3581dc4c-ea69-11e3-bb45-046f3d36ad52.jpg

The scientist also advocates more traditional measures, such as regular exercise and reducing stress. Source: ThinkStock

“I went straight back to my oncologist, who prescribed letrozole [an oestrogen suppressor]. But I also went back on my strict diet, as well as walking regularly and doing meditation.”
After a few months, she was again in remission.
Prof Plant’s new book, Beat Cancer, advocates eating more plant foods and less red meat, sugar, salt and fat, as well as regular exercise and reducing stress levels.
But her central claim is that dairy products should be totally excluded from any diet, as to deny cancer cells the conditions they need to grow and spread.
“This is not a conventional cancer book,” Prof Plant says of her latest release, co-written with Mustafa Djamgoz, professor of cancer biology at Imperial, with a foreword from Prof Sir Graeme Catto, president of the College of Medicine. “You will find many of the things you read illuminating, some of the information may be surprising and even, at times, shocking.
“However all of the information is backed up by scientific researched and fully referenced.”

Cancer sufferer or not, this is the most ridiculous thing i have ever heard of

She is a geologist. Has no medical qualifications and goes against the accepted theories and research. I think I'll stick to the experts who are qualified, trained and work in the field.

Interesting. Obviously there is still research to be done, but it is interesting when comparing a western diet to that of a Chinese.

The other problem with the milk debate is getting a fair and impartial report/study. Most people giving their arguments over whether milk is good or bad have a stake in the milk industry.

It's ironic... growing up in regional Aus myself, my family and everyone i know has never gotten cancer, bar one person. Who has recovered.

And everyone there lived on dairy foods; meats, cheese, milk, butter etc.

Anyway. It's bullshit anyway cause she is trying to sell a book

Cancer caused by animal products? Pretty sure it's caused by all this unnatural shit we eat and put in our bodies. Anti-antiperspirants, plastic film covers in the microwave, manufactured artificial sweeteners, etc.

Cancer caused by animal products? Pretty sure it's caused by all this unnatural shit we eat and put in our bodies. Anti-antiperspirants, plastic film covers in the microwave, manufactured artificial sweeteners, etc.

Sweeteners don't cause cancer.

Microwave safe plastics don't cause cancer.

Being alive is a large part of our cancer problem.

Sweeteners don't cause cancer.

Microwave safe plastics don't cause cancer.

Being alive is a large part of our cancer problem.

exactly we are living longer so more people are dying from cancer. Plus we have the ability to diagnose it, not something we could do 50 years ago

The mother of two, who had already cut down on animal protein such as meat, fish and eggs, immediately switched to a dairy-free diet while undergoing chemotherapy.

I went straight back to my oncologist, who prescribed letrozole [an oestrogen suppressor]. But I also went back on my strict diet, as well as walking regularly and doing meditation.”
After a few months, she was again in remission.

Oh for fuqs sake.

Meh, in the next instance, studies will claim including dairy food will reduce the risk of Cancer, go figure!!