• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Boulder Shoulders

heavy militry press
high rep lat raises with slow negatives
heavy shrugs
upright rows
reverse flyes

these are usually the exercises i will do suring the week for shoulders

Don't worry [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; Mick is having a bad day. Apparently we humans are incapable of doing Rear delt flyes.

Don't worry [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; Mick is having a bad day. Apparently we humans are incapable of doing Rear delt flyes.

Well he posts a lot for someone that said they where not posting here any more because they hated the place.

I can do rear delt flyes. Must be all the poison gain I have eaten mutating me over the years.

Since [MENTION=16145]fatchicslim[/MENTION]; announced that she's had a boob job all I read in the thread title is "boulder holders"

:eek:

I get a lot of front delt work in from overhead pressing and benching so don't do anything extra for them.
I do this once a week, after benching.

Heavy lateral partials: 4x35
Reverse pec deck: 4x35 (max ROM)
Rear delt flies: 60 reps, 30x50%, 10x25% (2 second hold)

That's lateral raises with a dumbbell too heavy to lift more than 45 degrees from the arms. Full ROM lateral raises only seem to hit my traps so I go too heavy, keep them strict and do a lot of reps.
The rear delt flies again is a heavy weight I can only do partials on, say 18kg then after 60 reps I switch straight to the 9kg bells and knock out another 30 then the 4kg bells and another 10 with a full ROM and two second hold at the top

I also do a lot of upper back work once a week recently too which trains the rear delts hard. This looks like the following:

Meadows rows: 3x8 (one armed t bar row, you stand so that the end of the barbell is by the side of your chest)
Dumbbell deadstop rows: 3x8
Stretchers: 2x12 (Stretchers - YouTube)
Heavy partial pulldowns: 2x8
Supported rows: 3x10
Hex Shrugs: 3x12 (pause at top 3s)
Hyperextensions: 3xF dropping weight each set

htJflQj.jpg

Ld4pYCS.jpg

Last edited:
Since @fatchicslim ; announced that she's had a boob job all I read in the thread title is "boulder holders"

:eek:

Haha, thanks Darkoz - the girls have settled in just nicely :p

Yep, I'm doing those exercises but argh, I dunno - I'm 15 weeks out from the comp - I have no waist when standing front on, my traps look big and the 'caps' on my shoulders need some perking up to balance it out and make me appear to have a smaller waist....

Quite true - maybe I just have to revert to the 'trust the process' motto?

Organised a PT session with Jase for next Friday to smash my shoulders ;-)

Now to sort out a 5 day training split from here on in!!! I'm chopped and change too much in the last 3-4 weeks and need to get a routine back! Thanks @Shrek

Haha, thanks Darkoz - the girls have settled in just nicely :p

Yep, I'm doing those exercises but argh, I dunno - I'm 15 weeks out from the comp - I have no waist when standing front on, my traps look big and the 'caps' on my shoulders need some perking up to balance it out and make me appear to have a smaller waist....

15 weeks is loads of time. It would take me half of that to drop into "fitness" levels of leaness

I know its not always a numbers game but 2 weeks ago I had a dexa scan which gave me an overall bf% of 19% - and I was happy with that considering what I'd been eating ;-)

Dunno the ball park % I should aim for but I guess its the look which'll make a difference.

Take pictures each Monday and if you're not noticeably leaner than remove 250kcal a day in the form of carbs.
When you've removed the carbs then lower fats. Keep protein at 1g/lb

When I dieted it took me two weeks to get from a bloated 14% to a dry 8-9% eating only 1g/lb. So 155g of protein a day in the form of kangaroo plus some broccoli.
That was 800g of kangaroo mince which gave me 822kcal a day. It fucking sucked and I had to deal with some shitty emotions but I got very lean very fast and didn't lose any muscle. Less than 6 weeks is too short a time to lose an appreciable amount of muscle and as long as you're not really shredded and still have muscle glycogen it's pretty much impossible to lose muscle.

After 2 weeks I stuck to the same number of calories but once every 4 days I'd eat a single meal up to maintenance calories with whatever I wanted. Usually carb heavy to refill my glycogen

The food can really play with ya can't it?
I'm still 15 weeks out & hope to gain some size without falling in to the trap of overtraining!

Good luck with adding size while dieting down, especially as a female
Pick a goal and stick with it

The food can really play with ya can't it?
I'm still 15 weeks out & hope to gain some size without falling in to the trap of overtraining!
I'd like you to see what I can see...with your words. I'll elaborate a bit..

From experience, I can confidently share with you that the psychological aspect to everything that you're doing will have an impact on your performance. You have mentioned the trap of overtraining. I'd much rather focus on the trap of under recovering. With the few words that you have written here in this post, I can assure you that you are knocking on the door of under recovering and here's where I'd like you to see what I can see...

Under recovering (as I've said before on this forum) is made up of many little things, one of which is stress and anxiety that occurs outside the gym, yet has a profound effect on your performance inside the gym. Your mentioning of how food "play with ya", has immediately turned my attention to the way you're dealing with the stress of a future food restriction/deprivation...Solution? Yes of course, be aware of that potential "trap" and deal with it positively...that's one stress factor which falls under the heading of under recovering eliminated. Sleeping, family worries, job etc. etc....are all small pieces in the overall puzzle that make up what we like to call under recovering.

Overtraining, or a much better term for it would be over reaching, is not a bad thing in and of itself, especially when it's a functional type of over reaching (FOR). It's a FOR when you have your under recovering taking care of, and it becomes a NFOR, or a non-functional over reaching when you don't take care of all those little things that are affecting your life outside the gym

Take care.

Fadi.

Last edited: