• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

IPF World Raw Powerlifting Championships, Africa.

some outstanding lifting, and these guys are only juniors.

Hopefully seniors will be spectacular

Dude that just broke the deadlift record in the 83s had a 400 wilks 9 months ago

Yeah I'm fucking trippin
His wilks was 400 9 months ago though. Big improvement

Nghiep is on later. Lets see if he can get his record back...

Nope. Nghiep has had it for a while and has not been able to get past 272.5 for a while. That might fire up his engines. Frankly, I think this WR is probably the most amazing of them all. 66kg? 4x+ bodyweight? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeit.

I don't think Nhiep will get his deadlift up further until he is squatting 220 as a 74

I know both Nghiep and JP well. Thing is Nghiep started powerlifting in 1993 or 1994 and is a masters lifter next year. He has a young family, career and he isn't focussed on powerlifting or trains nearly as much as many others do (not trying to suggest he isn't a hard trainer btw, he is). He came back to lifting a few years ago after a long break but hasn't gotten back to where he was 10 years ago. In 2003, he actually deadlifted 277.5kg @67.5kg. This was raw, but there was only equipped lifting back then. Plus the records reset a few years ago with the weight class changes. FWIW, while it was an Australian/Oceania/Cth record, the 277.5kg wasn't a WR as Lamar Gant used to compete in that division in the IPF with lifts no one has a snowballs chance of coming close to any time soon. This should hopefully put some perspective into how good he actually is.

JP is just beginning to tap into his potential. We have developed a solid training group in the western suburbs with a number of really talented lifters that will provide a competitive training environment to enable him and others to push even deeper.

That said, there's that bloke who just pulled 290 raw at the Asian Equipped Champs who will get the WR if he pulls that in a raw comp.

I don't think Nhiep will get his deadlift up further until he is squatting 220 as a 74

I agree he would benefit from his squat going up, but I dunno about 220. 220 (no wraps) is WR standard for a 66 which no lifter has yet hit in the IPF. His best squat is around 185 no wraps. Going up to the 74s would no doubt aid his squat and bench, but not his deadlift IMO.

Friend of mine is competing today at 4pm in this one. Ariel Simon. Not sure what weight class but would be around 60kg. Strong girl!

Tim.

Great show from the girls this arvo.

Couple of records too.

My friend Ariel went 125/70/135.
I personally feel she left 7.5-10kg on the platform unfortunately. She jumped to 77.5 for bench (over 10%...). And then was a little conservative with the deadlift I thought. 140 would not have been a problem. Bloody good effort regardless!

Tim.

The open standard is ridiculous so far.

Fedosienko has done it again. WR on squat, bench, deadlift and total: SQ225.5, BP165, DL270.5, T661 at 58.20kg bodyweight. 9 from 9. 11.4x bodyweight total.