• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How do you spice up your tuna?

I just buy the pre flavoured stuff, not a massive fan of tuna and even the flavoured ones are hit an miss....

I used to buy flavoured tuna, but a third of the tin is water that you lose. Plus there aren't that many flavours.

Now I only buy the tuna in spring water and flavour it myself. I'll use any of the following and even combine some.
- Hot sauce.
- Soy sauce.
- Chilli and garlic paste.
- Garlic salt.
- Moroccan seasoning.
- Fajita/taco seasoning.
- Garam masala.
- Cayenne pepper powder.

Steamed basa fillets are much nicer than tuna. Seasoned with garlic salt, chilli and pepper, it's easier on the pallet.

e8e8azan.jpg

Sirena's brand of tuna - the one with italian seasoning in oil does it for me. I'll spice it up with some bacon, asian chilli sauce you get from asian shops (the less english on the label the better), and half a fistful of coriander or whatever herb I can get within arms length. Love it love it.

Only buy John West tuna when it's on special, don't have it a lot though.

Add hot chilli sauce, I always buy oil based, water based tastes off to me. Or get the chilli flavoured one.

Used to love the canned tuna. I'm with big Mick - oil based is the go.. all the meat stays together

Sea salt & cracked pepper in oil is tasty and simple..
Easy to eat lots, goes fantastic on cheese toasties

Zesty vinaigrette tastes like salt & vinegar chips lol!

Mild Indian curry is tops with rice... Need 3 cans instead of 2 though, only has ~10gm protein each

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

How do you spice up your tuna?
Here's a quick take on a very famous Lebanese dish called Samak bi Tahini. which literally translates to Fish in Tahini (as in that famous sesame paste you would use when making Humus).

What you need is:

1 large can of tuna
About 4 tablespoon of sesame paste
About 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 tablespoon water
1 medium size onion
1 tablespoon oil of choice (being Lebanese it has to be olive oil/light for sautéing onion).
salt and pepper to taste

Combine the tahini paste with the lemon juice, salt and pepper to make a slurry.
Sauté the onion,...add the can of tuna (preferably the oil canned/oil drained),..add the tahini "sauce" to the mix and let simmer for few minutes until the tahini flavour permeates through the tuna.

Another twist, is Samke Bi Kizabrah, translated to mean: fish in cilantro/Chinese parsley. This involves frying smashed up garlic and chopped Chinese parsley, before adding the above tahini sauce. Yum is all I would say.

Enjoy!

Fadi.