Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: People who have cycled roids and stopped, any regrets? Why did you stop?

  1. #11
    Look at Moi, I'm a Kunce

    Array
    White_Lie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    11,570
    Mentioned
    269 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you only trained for 3 years, then gave up, why run the risk of a cycle? I mean you will get results but what's the point if you just stop training again?
    iHERB promo code - WWC564
    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Repacked Hidden Content
    If you do what you've always done, you get what you've always got.






  2. __________________

    Ausbb Sponsors
    littleblokefitness new and used home gym and fitness equipment at great prices
    Iron Tanks Apparel Gym & Fitness Apparel
    BioFlex Nutrition Bioflex Nutrition, Australia's Purest Supplements
    Bulk Nutrients 100% Pure bulk Nutrients
    Flex Fitness Equipment fitness Equipment Specialists | warehouse direct
    Iherb code : code ZSG863 iHerb.com - Vitamins, Supplements Natural Health Products

  • #12
    Super Member craze has made a donation to the forum!

    Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    451
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by white_lie View Post
    If you only trained for 3 years, then gave up, why run the risk of a cycle? I mean you will get results but what's the point if you just stop training again?
    I havent given up, if you asked me 18 months ago id say id never stop. Sometimes things happen and something has to give.


  • #13
    Super Member craze has made a donation to the forum!

    Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    451
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leighaus View Post
    I bet you're wrong, but you can think what you want.

    Drinking beer all the time, increased liver damage, weakened immune system, poor protein synthesis, onset of gout, stomach ulcers etc

    Cyclying steroids, easily more harmful if you plan to juice like you drink. But I think you'd know to be smarter than that . So if you risk minimize and do it properly, it has the potential to be less harmful... Having said that, sideaffects are side affects . Some people get them, some people don't. It all depends on how sensible you are and how your body reacts. Given the knowledge you have explained in your last post, you clearly have the ability to lift but I don't think you're educated enough to hit the juice. If it's something you want to do, you need to be reading studies, user experiences, proper cycling methods etc etc. Once you've done that, you'll know what you need to know to make the decision if the gains ate worth the risks. I'd never bass that judgement on some forum advice
    I do agree with you. My knowledge of this is small, my studies have not been enough.

    What i do know is to gather as much as your own information as possible and then make a decision.
    Train for a least 5years
    Be over 25
    Have bang on diet

    Im the sort of person that finds it hard to learn by reading, hands on and talking is better method for me (but in this sort of topic not advisable) so it will take some time.

    Ive never taken any "party drugs" just smoked and drank. Im only trying to get some sort of idea on risks. Obvious if you take steroids heavily there would be health effects.
    To me taking drugs (in the form of party items) seems crazy! Not knowing what is in it etc and for what benifit.

    Of course we can argue what is benifit of weights and looking muscular, really pointless id say.

    I often wonder like marijuana smokers who justify it in the head, is this reasoning the same as juicers? Its justified so its ok?

    A doctor probably wouldnt say increased hormone levels are a safe thing to do either.

    Encyclopedia of steroids made my head hurt!


  • #14
    Goat that feeling El Testicle has made a donation to the forum!

    Array
    El Testicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Goat Island
    Posts
    6,921
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leighaus View Post
    Probably spend the money on a shirt that fits you first



  • #15
    "2014 - Kunce of the year"

    Array
    Big Mick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Gender:
    Posts
    5,728
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    I do agree with you. My knowledge of this is small, my studies have not been enough.

    What i do know is to gather as much as your own information as possible and then make a decision.
    Train for a least 5years
    Be over 25
    Have bang on diet

    Im the sort of person that finds it hard to learn by reading, hands on and talking is better method for me (but in this sort of topic not advisable) so it will take some time.

    Ive never taken any "party drugs" just smoked and drank. Im only trying to get some sort of idea on risks. Obvious if you take steroids heavily there would be health effects.
    To me taking drugs (in the form of party items) seems crazy! Not knowing what is in it etc and for what benifit.

    Of course we can argue what is benifit of weights and looking muscular, really pointless id say.

    I often wonder like marijuana smokers who justify it in the head, is this reasoning the same as juicers? Its justified so its ok?

    A doctor probably wouldnt say increased hormone levels are a safe thing to do either.

    Encyclopedia of steroids made my head hurt!
    Every decision a person makes they justify it to themselves, you have done it in this thread several times already. You justified your decision to stop training, now you are looking to justify taking steroids. Shoplifters justify their actions by saying the shops have heaps of money, druggies justify taking drugs you have tried to justify drinking, smoking and stopping training here already.

    People on roids often try and justify it by saying 'well it's better than drinking and smoking' poor justification in my eyes but works for them.

    If you read up about steroids you will learn that they will shorten your life tremendously, and have a huge impact on your health, for me quite the opposite as to why I train, to be healthy and hopefully have a longer productive and healthy life. A lot of users start young and thing they are bullet proof, what they don't realise before long they will be in their 40's with a family and kids and they are in no way ready to depart this life, yet this is what will happen.

    I can already see the users rushing in here to say it won't happen to keep justifying, however it will happen and when the time comes there is no going back.
    Hidden Content

    Life doesn't give you want you want, it gives you what you have earned.


  • #16
    Super Member craze has made a donation to the forum!

    Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    451
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mick View Post
    Every decision a person makes they justify it to themselves, you have done it in this thread several times already. You justified your decision to stop training, now you are looking to justify taking steroids. Shoplifters justify their actions by saying the shops have heaps of money, druggies justify taking drugs you have tried to justify drinking, smoking and stopping training here already.

    People on roids often try and justify it by saying 'well it's better than drinking and smoking' poor justification in my eyes but works for them.

    If you read up about steroids you will learn that they will shorten your life tremendously, and have a huge impact on your health, for me quite the opposite as to why I train, to be healthy and hopefully have a longer productive and healthy life. A lot of users start young and thing they are bullet proof, what they don't realise before long they will be in their 40's with a family and kids and they are in no way ready to depart this life, yet this is what will happen.

    I can already see the users rushing in here to say it won't happen to keep justifying, however it will happen and when the time comes there is no going back.
    Points taken, thank you

    Dont worry im not rushing out, this subject has always had a curiousity for me, this does not mean i am destined to take them.

    The talk of having a longer and healthy life, I cannot see how trying to push your body to the limits (naturally or not) would aid this, as if something is used hard, often it gets worn out quicker.

    Anyway, good discussions here, perhaps in a few years I can post back my opinions


  • #17
    Goat that feeling El Testicle has made a donation to the forum!

    Array
    El Testicle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Goat Island
    Posts
    6,921
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    @craze; yolo brutha..

    Just do it.



  • #18
    "2014 - Kunce of the year"

    Array
    Big Mick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mid North Coast NSW
    Gender:
    Posts
    5,728
    Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by craze View Post
    Points taken, thank you

    Dont worry im not rushing out, this subject has always had a curiousity for me, this does not mean i am destined to take them.

    The talk of having a longer and healthy life, I cannot see how trying to push your body to the limits (naturally or not) would aid this, as if something is used hard, often it gets worn out quicker.

    Anyway, good discussions here, perhaps in a few years I can post back my opinions
    Different way of looking at it mate, not sure how old you are, but I am well into my 40's been training with weights since I was 16, had some time off in between as you get busy with life (my justification..lol).

    I seem to think it comes down to 'use it or lose it' rather than wearing anything out. We are no talking competitive sport here and elite competition, we are talking training with weights a few times a week to keep fit and healthy and a bit of cardio.

    At my age I have a few friends that I have known since school, most don't train or play sports, those that don't are generally on medication for various ailments. Many suffer from high blood pressure, kidney stones and one guy has even had a heart attack at 45. In comparison I have no health problems at all (just had a check up I get them regularly), feel fit and strong, dead lift close to 200kg at an age where others have trouble picking their wallet up off the floor if they dropped it, I can run 5-10km, and I ride my mountain bike almost daily, pump out 50 full push ups without a problem etc etc and can part take in most activities.

    Most people I meet guess me to be in my mid 30's, and are surprised when I tell them my age, had one young girl at work ask me for my drivers license as proof, (she was 22) as she could not believe that I was older than her father. My misses turns 40 this Saturday, and still passes for 28-30 in most peoples eyes.

    So I don't think it's a matter of wearing out, people that keep active will have a longer healthy life being able to do more later in life. One of my neighbours is 73 and still works his farm every day still rides horses and rounds up cattle etc, while my mum at the same age has trouble walking to the letter box or getting up out of a chair without assistance. I know which one I would rather be….
    Hidden Content

    Life doesn't give you want you want, it gives you what you have earned.


  • #19
    Super Member craze has made a donation to the forum!

    Array

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    451
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It would be interesting if 6 mates didnt excerise and 6 did and we look back 20 years later.

    Some of these old boy farmers are the toughest blokes around.


    A builder i work for is 73, fit as a fiddle but smokes his whole life, that i cannot understand how he got away with it.

    For me as strange as it would sound i want my body to be in better condition than the average bloke. even people in their 20s now seem to get beer guts.

    Even all these studies, numbers can make anything look good, depending on what is shown and in what instance (eg policticians are great at this).


    Would like to hear from anyone that took steroids and say 20 yrs later.

    Dont worry fellas im not juicing anytime soon if at all.

    I have a lot of respect for the older members of the bb community and their contributions


  • #20
    Stiffy
    Guest

    Default

    @craze ; Take with a grain of salt what @Big Mick ; says about all Steroids users dying in their 40s, that's an exaggeration based on heavy heavy doses old Pros took. While I choose to not juice, I did consider running a low dose Test only cycle which has a lot less risks than the higher doses and stacks competitive lifters take.
    @0ni ; prolly has a good idea of how to do it safely, or as safe as possible I guess.


    EDIT: except Oni needs to watch his E while not taking an A.I. High E is a definite concern health wise.
    Last edited by Stiffy; 08-06-2014 at 07:04 PM.


  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

    Tags for this Thread

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •