• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

People who have cycled roids and stopped, any regrets? Why did you stop?

Either way I did not say you WILL die at 40, but there is a fair chance that you are doing damage. A low test cycle seems to be the safest from what I have read, and I must say that it might help an older bloke to keep training and enjoying life I would consider it after a certain age, may be after 55 or 60 or what ever, if it allows you to keep training into your 70's.

I would avoid it in your younger years, and save it for later on when natural test levels have declined to a low level.

Either way I did not say you WILL die at 40.

see below. Have a good night and long weekend mate..

If you read up about steroids you will learn that they will shorten your life tremendously, and have a huge impact on your health, for me quite the opposite as to why I train, to be healthy and hopefully have a longer productive and healthy life. A lot of users start young and thing they are bullet proof, what they don't realise before long they will be in their 40's with a family and kids and they are in no way ready to depart this life, yet this is what will happen.

@craze ; Take with a grain of salt what @Big Mick ; says about all Steroids users dying in their 40s, that's an exaggeration based on heavy heavy doses old Pros took. While I choose to not juice, I did consider running a low dose Test only cycle which has a lot less risks than the higher doses and stacks competitive lifters take.
@0ni ; prolly has a good idea of how to do it safely, or as safe as possible I guess.

EDIT: except Oni needs to watch his E while not taking an A.I. High E is a definite concern health wise.

Everyone is different and will have different problems and responses. For me it is high LDL. My HDL, trigs, blood pressure and everything else is all perfect but LDL is high.
This also means that I no longer feel comfortable keto dieting for long periods of time... It's compounded with me as well because I require higher calories than most people. Ketogenic dieting works really, really well for me but 4500kcal a day in the form of saturated fats and protein with little omega 3s and then testosterone supplementation on top of that? Disaster waiting to happen.

I have since lowered my saturated fats by switching to ground beef, pre cooking and rinsing the fat off then making it into chili with lots of rice and getting my fats in with fish oil, almonds and olive oil. I hope to see a marked improvement next time

I have no other side effects

@craze ; Take with a grain of salt what @Big Mick ; says about all Steroids users dying in their 40s, that's an exaggeration based on heavy heavy doses old Pros took. While I choose to not juice, I did consider running a low dose Test only cycle which has a lot less risks than the higher doses and stacks competitive lifters take.
@0ni ; prolly has a good idea of how to do it safely, or as safe as possible I guess.

EDIT: except Oni needs to watch his E while not taking an A.I. High E is a definite concern health wise.

What he said