• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

For those who have broken bones

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
For those who have broken bones: what were your experiences after getting back in the Gym?

Experience 1: The penny drops, DO NOT attempt FMX the you're +100kg, old, inflexible and below average intellegence.
Experience 2: Frustration, Frustration, Frustration and more frustration mixed with feelings of useless-ness-ness.
Experience 3: The nagging "I told you so, how old do you think you are? act your age!" crap.

In the gym: More frustration and feeling of useless-ness-ness, uncertainty about the integrity of the joint, very protective over the area. Slowly learn to trust the healing and load up the limb, then realise that the bone is strong but tendoens have lost mobility need stretching and that is the issue not the strenght of the bone.
Still hurts on the break anniversary.

leg.jpg

yes, I know feeling, had titanium plate put in broken collarbone last October and still have quite a bit of pain in shoulders, especially when hanging from bar.

At least I can train heavy again.

Sometimes you can have pain for years, as was the case with my broken scaphoid (wrist) years ago.

All my breaks are 100%, its the torn ligaments that never come 100% or overlooked on recovery that give me grief.

Have broken my jaw, cheekbone, ankle and arm. Had 6-8 weeks out of gym and then got back into it. Did nothing for 3-4 weeks and then eased back into it.
Had 5 plates and 23 screws in for the cheek fracture. Took a while to lift after that as any pressure really hurt.
Was in a boot for the ankle and still did upper body the whole time.
Arm was a dislocated and broken wrist, was running after a week.
Jaw didn't really stop me too much. Didn't need to be wired shut, just rested.
Gotta love rugby and judo eh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those who have broken bones: what were your experiences after getting back in the Gym?

Had a few.

Stress fractures in both legs, suppose they count, put me out of footy for about 6 months. Really struggled to even walk at its worst.

2 broken ankles.
The second one it took 10 weeks to find it, was lifting and trying to play footy in that time. Physios just said ok and refused to scan it even though I told them I heard it snap.

Hand. Cast for few weeks until I got sick of it and took it off myself.

Broke and re broke 3 ribs on my right side a total of 4 times. 6 weeks of footy most times but kept lifting.

Fingers. They don't really stop anything.

Agree with deadlift. The tendon and ligament injuries are generally worse.

Last edited: