• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Just for a little research, how many calories do you bulk on?

How many calories do you bulk on?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 63.6%

Votes: 3 27.3%

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 6000 and above

• Total voters
I weigh 81, work a mid stress desk job and currently bulk on 2700 - 3000. Its a slow process :(

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

73-74kg,
2700-3000 depending on work and training loads
Reasonably active 12+ hour job. Probably put on more fat than I'd like but I'm impatient and would rather gain as much as possible then cut a little rather than super clean bulking

2600-3000
Definitely nail down 2600 at the moment, thinking of increasing it by 100 next week, then add in the extra stuff I don't or cbf counting so ~ +200.
Desk job, 2 games of bball a week, with 1 training session, on those nights I add an extra 200 cal to my day.
Slow and steady wins the race

Man some of you guys bulk on my cutting calories, thought I had it bad!

Around 4000 for a 500 calorie surplus.

phil heath, current Mr Olympia, said in recent interview 5800-6400 calories per day

Last edited:
I gain weight on about 4,000 per day.

At 3500, even with only a little bit of training I stay around mid to high 90's bodyweight

At less than 3500, weight falls of at about 0.5kg per fortnight

At less than 3000, weight falls off by about 1kg per fortnight

Haven't done it for a while but was around 3400 from 80 to 85kg. Now maintain around that it seems.

Bulking has never been a problem for me and I have never counted calories when I did it, it seems I lose weight at where some here are bulking.

Generally at 2500-3000 my weight stays steady 2500 and below I start losing weight, for steady weight loss I used to stick to 2000-2200 per day even with a blow out on the week ends I would still be dropping weight slowly.

Bulking has never been a problem for me and I have never counted calories when I did it, it seems I lose weight at where some here are bulking.

Generally at 2500-3000 my weight stays steady 2500 and below I start losing weight, for steady weight loss I used to stick to 2000-2200 per day even with a blow out on the week ends I would still be dropping weight slowly.

With what you weigh those numbers are pretty low compared to the rest of the posters here. Maybe your diet isn't quite right.

With what you weigh those numbers are pretty low compared to the rest of the posters here. Maybe your diet isn't quite right.

Pretty much this, can eat a shit tonne more cals I'd protein is high and carbs low & not podge up. If I eat hi carb low p I podge up on 2500

Currently trying to add weight, generally eating in excess of 5000 a day. I can shed weight quickly on about 4000 now...

Maintain on around 2600 at the moment. A coupla hundred over or under and I will gain or lose respectively. Office job.

Tim.