• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Other sports?

Played baseball as a pitcher and the main thing was to build leg strength. I kind of did the opposite of most and skipped chest day. Now my legs are bigger compared to the rest of my body and right Lat muscle is quite larger than my left.

Use to do a lot of surf boat rowing, i loved it.

That was back in tassie, too many jellyfish in the waters here in Mackay for it :(

Use to do a lot of surf boat rowing, i loved it.

That was back in tassie, too many jellyfish in the waters here in Mackay for it :(

Don't tell people your from tassie!!

Just kidding, I would have thought you'd rather do it here than tassie with the temps?

Haha even practicing in the dead of winter there it wasn't too cold for a good row... once you got out past the surf you had already warmed up good.

Soccer and touch football for me. Sometimes up to 4 times a week, but now touch is over so it's just soccer training once and a game. Gym has done wonders for my soccer.

It's a surprise that so many people who play non contact supports have gotten so much from gym, obviously less to do with bigger and more to do with the increased athleticism that comes with the appropriate program's

Soccer is a 'non-contact' sport, but a huge part of the game for me is placing myself between the ball and the other guy so that I can manoeuvre away to make a pass or enabling me to shoulder a guy off the ball. Adding 30kg since high school, while staying relatively quick, has meant that it's less about being the world's greatest dribbler. Similarly, you can kick the ball a lot further and harder when your legs get bigger.

Not exactly sure what you mean?

BJJ/wrestling is definitely easier as a heavier and stronger (power/weight) than what I was. But now my BJJ technique is average. Wrestling (especially take down defence) is much improved. Hip strength makes it so much easier despite having pretty average technique also.
I just meant calisthenics which involves lots of bodyweight stuff - I suck more at bodyweight stuff now that I've gotten better at squats. The extra 4kg-8kg on my lower section makes everything a hell of a lot harder since big quads dont' help me lift myself with my arms.

I guess you've always been sort of strong leg wise so it doesnt affect you. You might get a lot better at bodyweight stuff if you stopped squatting/deadlifting though :p

I'd really love to do a 1 arm chin but now I'm approaching 100kg lean mass it's looking less and less likely I'll ever get there. My best chin now is ~170kg total weight.

Will be checking out a karate dojo as soon as i can... use to do a lot of karate but stopped for a long time. Fk it tones you up good.

KFG plays golf if people want to consider it a sport. Lifting has helped my overall distance and playing out of the rough mainly. l've gotten a little lazy on the technique side of things though as l can just muscle my way through bad positions... l'm not as good as l was when l played regularly before lifting but being able to make every par 5 in 2 potentially gives me better scoring opportunities.

I just meant calisthenics which involves lots of bodyweight stuff - I suck more at bodyweight stuff now that I've gotten better at squats. The extra 4kg-8kg on my lower section makes everything a hell of a lot harder since big quads dont' help me lift myself with my arms.

I guess you've always been sort of strong leg wise so it doesnt affect you. You might get a lot better at bodyweight stuff if you stopped squatting/deadlifting though :p

I'd really love to do a 1 arm chin but now I'm approaching 100kg lean mass it's looking less and less likely I'll ever get there. My best chin now is ~170kg total weight.

aah gotcha. Well I started doing it when I was about 75kg and could just pump out chins/pullups easy as. At the time, I had substantially less mass everywhere but I'd say over the last few years my lower half has grown faster than my upper half.

Yeah, barstarrz guys proves that having no legs increases calisthenics a LOT! haha But yeah, I like having legs too so will be doing what I can to retain the LBM :)

I have seen 1 guy from the bondi bar club (I think it's called) who was 90kg doing 1 arm chins and that is the heaviest I've ever seen. If you could do it over 100kg that would be VERY impressive. Must be close with that weighted chin. That's pretty much the same ratio as I had (60kg chin at 80kg BW) when I could do a single OAC.

KFG plays golf if people want to consider it a sport. Lifting has helped my overall distance and playing out of the rough mainly. l've gotten a little lazy on the technique side of things though as l can just muscle my way through bad positions... l'm not as good as l was when l played regularly before lifting but being able to make every par 5 in 2 potentially gives me better scoring opportunities.

You found being stronger helps you hit it further?
I've never known anyone to be like that. Though the strength in your forearms will help with bad rough and poached eggs in the bunker

You found being stronger helps you hit it further?
I've never known anyone to be like that. Though the strength in your forearms will help with bad rough and poached eggs in the bunker

Yeah for sure, there was other factors like getting a little taller which would have increased my swing arc but having a stronger back, legs and like you said forearms helped.

With me the technique was always there l just needed some more body weight / strength to put it all together. l'm not a massive hitter by todays standards but l've got a swing speed of 110mph for my driver and 93mph for my 7iron apparently so it's not exactly bad. Those numbers are from trackman as well so it should be around that my 2-3mph.

I have no idea what my speeds were, I played off 5 and hit an 8 iron from 155, I'm 5'7 maybe 5'8.. Probably hit a 3 wood about same as driver, just straighter

Sounds like youre a pretty solid player than. Im hitting a 7 or 8 from 155 as well, I generally liked hitting a club more with less power behind it.